GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Field Engineer I performs on time and accurate Preventative Maintenance in one or more modalities of equipment. The FE1 is aware of and follows all Field Modification Instructions and/or Instrument Service Information bulletins. Works with experienced Field Engineers, both onsite and remotely, to learn troubleshooting, repair and equipment installation techniques. Responsible for driving customer satisfaction through Service Excellence.
1. Learn to complete on-time and accurate Preventative Maintenance, FMIs and/or ISIs. Assist more experienced field engineers with equipment installation.
2. Work with experienced field engineers on basic troubleshooting and service repair needs on designated equipment.
3. Effectively communicate and partner with teammates and colleagues.
4. Learn to effectively communicate with customers to ensure resolution and proper follow-up, leading to customer satisfaction.
5. Partner with the customer and recommend value-added services that will help the customer run their business more efficiently.
6. Keep up to date on administrative responsibilities such as maintaining customer service logs and internal service records in a timely manner, ordering repair parts, and managing cycle times.
7. Utilize the GEHC escalation process, as needed, and work closely with region and national support to define and implement corrective action plans to resolve customer issues in a timely manner.
8. Serve as a member of the account community for key accounts. Effectively engage commercial counterparts, identify potential sales leads, participate in sales opportunities such as contract renewals, and assist with promoting and implementing revenue programs.
9. Focus on customer needs and satisfaction, while building on and enhancing the relationship with the customer to ultimately become a perceived partner in their business.
10. Keep up to date with competitor information and market trends.
11. Answer service calls independently without assistance within one year of employment.
1. Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field and 2+ years of experience servicing electrical equipment; OR equivalent military education and 2+ years of experience servicing electrical equipment; OR High School Diploma/GED and 6+ years of experience servicing electrical equipment.
2. Experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as part of a solution based service process.
3. Experience diagnosing and repairing mechanical, electromechanical, and/or electronic equipment.
4. Experience troubleshooting and responding to customer concerns.
5. Experience with Web applications as well as Microsoft suite of products.
6. The successful applicant must comply with GEHC's standard background check, including a post-offer drug test. In addition, during employment, the employee must comply with all customer access policies, including but not limited to obtaining and/or providing proof of required immunizations, and additional drug tests or background checks (including a federal government background check if assigned to support a contract with the federal government).
7. Special Physical Requirements: Candidate must be able to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 35 lbs. unassisted and frequently bend, stoop, twist, climb, crouch/squat, kneel/crawl, sit and stand for long periods of time. Candidate must also be able to reach at, above and below shoulder level, flex/extend neck and have good hand and finger dexterity. Specific vision abilities required by this job may include color, close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
8. Must have and maintain a valid Driver's License.
9. Willingness to be available "after hours", or work a rotating On-Call schedule, including weekends, for critical issues and coverage, as necessary.
10. Must comply with vendor credentialing requirements.
1. Strong coaching and mentoring skills.
2. Strong time management and organization skills and ability to juggle multiple responsibilities.
4. Strong networking and interpersonal skills.
5. Training and experience in multiple modalities.
6. Strong IT (Information Technology) skills and experience generating or adapting equipment and technology to serve user needs.
7. 4. Exhibit the mentality that customers determine our success.
8. Operate with efficiency and sense of urgency.
9. Willingness to learn and adapt to changing environments.
10. Empower and inspire others.
11. Ability to deliver results in an uncertain environment.
Locations: United States; Georgia; Waycross
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.