Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world's leading clean, engine technology. We're also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right .
Our Distribution business delivers reliable, durable, high performing products for our global partners. You are key to our customers' success. Working with industry leading technology and business professionals, you'll deliver solutions that build your knowledge base and fuel your career.
This Field Service Power Generation Coordinator
located in Hodgkins, IL
will support scheduling for Cummins technicians in the Chicago area.
- Schedules and plans all technician work including planned maintenance, diagnosis and repair, prioritizing efficient work flow and quality excellence including emergency situations
- Reviews and makes daily adjustments as necessary to Technician's time cards
- Process and invoice Planned Maintenance and Planned Maintenance Residual work orders as time allows
- Communicates schedules with customers and associates as needed
- Follows all applicable steps of the Quick Serve process Works closely with the Field Service staff members assisting with and providing resources to complete all service events in a timely manner
- Assist with Service Writer duties as necessary
- Fosters an environment that promotes safety, employee satisfaction, and retention
- Performs on-call rotation as required
- All other duties as assigned by the Customer Support Leader and/or Management
- Customer service skills that demonstrate the company's Service Excellence commitment.
- Prior experience using a computer and keyboard to complete work.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office tools such as Word
- Able to multi-task in a fast paced work environment
- Ability to communicate technical information effectively
- Analytical skills to make decisions where procedures and processes are not clearly defined
- Ability to contribute to system improvement process
- Commitment to task and results oriented
- Excellent communication skills (active listening, writing, speaking & telephone)
- Demonstrated ability to work through conflict and use effective problem solving techniques
- Demonstrated ability to develop & maintain effective working relationships with employees, customers and co-workers
- Ability to accomplish organizational goals and obtain results through others
- Demonstrated ability to initiate, expedite, and follow through to project completion
- Ability to positively react to change in environment, process and people
- Strong work ethic
- Understanding of and ability to enforce safety rules and programs
Position will be responsible for scheduling Wisconsin FSPG technicians
Compensation and Benefits
- Minimum two years of experience in this or a related field or position
- Basic knowledge of power generation and/or diesel engines
Base hourly rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits. Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to work with ground-breaking products and technology? Apply for this opportunity to start your career as an extraordinary Tech with Cummins today.
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins