GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Digital Solutions
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Oil & Gasfuels the future. We push the boundaries of technology to bring energy to the world. We are inventing the next industrial era in the oil and gas sector. In our labs and factories, and in the field, we constantly push the boundaries of technology to solve today's toughest operational & commercial challenges. We have the skills, knowledge and technical expertise to bring together the physical and digital worlds to fuel the future. GE Oil & Gas is a "fullstream" company, working from exploration and production to downstream. A $19 billion leader designed for a world of complex resources. The deeper, the hotter, the more remote, the more logistically difficult or environmentally sensitive the challenge - the more GE Oil & Gas can help.
Through project management expertise and technology innovation, we work to help lower costs, make things faster, simpler and more productive for our customers.
In today's era of complex resources, the deeper, the hotter, the more remote, the more logistically difficult or environmentally sensitive the challenge - the more we can help. The GE scale helps us bring new solutions to market quicker to help our customers adapt to the industry's changing environment.
We go where you go and operate side-by-side in 120 countries. The closer we are to our customers, the quicker we can anticipate and solve their challenges.
We're at work today, to ensure the next generation is equipped and empowered to go further and deeper, helping to
fuel the future.
Follow GE Oil & Gas on Twitter@GE_OilandGas.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Field Service Representative
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
As a Field Service Representative for the flow, gas & moisture product line, you are responsible for daily servicing and operations necessary to coordinate and efficiently support all activities associated with the assigned job scope. This includes participating in and overseeing all installations, maintenance, repair, testing, adjustment, troubleshooting, verification and servicing requirements of field work.
In the role of Field Service Representative you will:
* Perform daily operation, installation, and or maintenance of product line to include customer's equipment in accordance with the company's recommended procedures, methods & guides
* Perform comprehensive job preplanning including all logistics, tooling, Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS), and technical work scopes applicable to assignments
* Complete all post job and administrative duties including but not limited to customer and service reports, timesheets, job debriefs, and tooling tracking in a timely matter
* Use company e-tools to retrieve or upload technical documents while managing packing list, bill of materials, drawings, prior job reports etc.
* Proactively interface between all functions of the company and our customers concerning technical, operational, and EHS challenges as applicable to any assignment
* Perform safe and compliant performance of all activities inline with the company's and our customer's environmental health and Safety (EHS) guidelines and procedures
* Perform uncompromising integrity to ensure 100% compliance with regulatory and company rules and requirements
* Maintain a strong customer relationship through a positive, proactive, and professional approach
* Associate's Degree from an accredited college or university (OR High School Diploma / GED from an accredited school or institution with a minimum 4 years of field service experience in oil & gas, power, heavy equipment or automation & controls)
* Minimum 2 years of field service experience in oil & gas, power, heavy equipment or automation & controls
* Ability and willingness to be available to work "on-call" 24/7 for all of North America
* Ability and willingness to work overtime, weekends and holidays, as required
* Ability and willingness to work in a constant pushing, pulling, lifting, stretching, bending and other physical activities
* Ability and willingness to be in the shop environment a minimum of 8 hours per day, primarily standing and sitting, as required
* Ability and willingness to lift objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
* Ability and willingness to be subjected to extreme heat for extended periods of time
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Previous experience in Oil & Gas industry and or extensive experience in a high pressure technical working environment
* Previous military background
* Demonstrated trouble shooting, problem solving, decision-making, and time management skills. Able to understand and use complicated electrical and mechanical drawings in a working environment
* Strong familiarity with flow, gas and moisture equipment theory, specifications and procedures
* Strong analytic and problem solving skills. Organized and accurate while managing multiple issues
* Ability to accommodate frequent travel working varying hours in difficult working conditions on short notice
* Willing to further develop technical knowledge in self and others
* Good interpersonal and organizational skills
* Strong Computer skills including operating systems and standard office software
* Ability to obtain all required Security and Safety Clearances and Certifications
* Excellent interpersonal skills with both internal and external customers
* Certified and or have worked in an offshore environment
* Field proven experience in trouble shooting loop, wire, and function checks of a control system
GE looks for innovation everywhere.For 130 years, GE has been at the forefront of innovation, but finding solutions to the world's biggest problems has never been more important than right now. Join us today and become an essential part of the solution! Not just imagining. Doing. GE works.
Start your career on the right path.Join our results-oriented team at GE Oil & Gas today!
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.