Your tasks and responsibilities YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Field Service Representative, are to:
Who you are
- Perform preventive maintenance, repairs, and installations at end user customer sites using approved Bayer documentation;
- Schedule and organize own work activities, ensure efficient operations;
- Organize and re-order inventory valued at $20K to ensure quality work and low incident of defective or incomplete on-site customer visits. Responsible for proper return of all defective inventory for replenishment;
- Price service calls, offering discounts or converting to full contracts when needed;
- Generate service revenue of up to $500K in given work group (Individual revenue responsibilities may vary);
- Prepare and develop sales quotes and follows through to close the sale. Call end-user customers, purchasing agents and Bayer dealers to finalize and ask for the order;
- Interfaces heavily with Service Admin/MSRC billing processors to ensure proper & timely invoicing. Responsible to assist in collection activities within a given territory;
- In some cases, generates customer interest and communicates to Service Marketing Representative;
- Generates and communicates sales leads to respective sales rep for new product or disposable opportunities;
- Maintain company car, oil changes, tire rotation, etc. and tools in good working order valued at $35-$45K;
- Ensure all proprietary info is safe guarded from non-Bayer personnel, includes: Service & Training Manuals, Diagnostic and Calibration software, BIT keys, etc.
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Associate's Degree in Electronics, IT Networking, Computer Science or relevant discipline required with (2) two years of applicable experience or Bachelor's Degree in relevant discipline with no applicable experience;
- Equivalent Military Experience/ Training in areas such as Electronics, Aviation, IT, Computer Science or relevant training with (2) two years of applicable experience can be considered in lieu of degree;
- Technical trade skills in areas such as, soldering, electrical installation & troubleshooting;
- Prior experience in a customer facing role;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a face paced self-directed environment;
- Good verbal and written competencies; along with flexibility and good judgment;
- Ability to prioritize workload and tasks to maximize revenue;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office product suite & comfortability in using company specific databases and CRM systems;
- Ability to travel within assigned territory and nationally, at times overnight and extended time periods;
- Must hold a valid driver's license.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Medical Device & Radiology business;
- Prior experience in a Field Service Role and/or regulated industry.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below. Country:
United States Location:
A little about us:
Why Bayer? Because we’re a pioneer in the fields of human, animal, and plant health. Because we invent solutions that will create a sustainable future for our planet. Because a career with Bayer means you can put your passion into practice and make an impact.