GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
As the Field Service Representative, you will perform field operations and Individual shall possess knowledge of water treatment equipment (reverse osmosis (RO) systems, micro-filtration, clarification, conventional filtration systems) and be able to commission, troubleshoot and operate evaporators, crystallizers, and issues related to boiler operation and water chemistry. You should also be able to review construction installation of water treatment systems.
As the Field Service Representative, you will:
• Utilize the proper procedures and equipment when handling chemicals; examples of chemicals handled: HCl, NaOH, H2SO4, N2H4, Al2 (SO4) 3, O3, etc.
• Be consultant with customer management and technical counterparts including communications with other customer operators, Field managers, Environmental Health and Safety, sales, engineering, logistics, outside contractors and plant operators regarding equipment and operations regularly
• Perform water analysis and collect samples for preparation, labeling and shipment to designated laboratory for analysis
• Perform daily testing that may include NTU, Hardness, Chlorine, pH, CO2, O2, SDI, TOC, Na, Conductivity, Silica, in addition to various other site-specific testing requirements
• Conduct preventative maintenance and calibrate equipment per established process
• Monitor equipment performance and operation
• Transfer data to Microsoft spreadsheets, make trending graphs, calculate equipment run length and throughput, interpret data and make necessary adjustments, notify appropriate personnel when changes are made, upload information into a common libraries, etc.
• Maintain monthly reports (charts / graphs), monthly Safety audits, daily and/or weekly reports
• Write work procedures, Job Safety Analysis, maintenance / repair schedules
• Maintain inventory of spare parts and adequate supply of chemicals and replacement parts; must have the ability to track usage, anticipate peek needs and balance inventory levels including inventory reconciliation and reordering
• Ensure compliance of volume and quality per the customer's contract specifications
• Work with PLC controls, understand water process treatment design, and repair pumps, instruments and control panels. Must have strong PC skills including experience with MS Excel, Word, & Access. Also a firm knowledge of programming DCS systems and able to take instruction over the phone to change the RS logics programming
• Read and understand Process Flow Diagram (PFDs) and Piping and Instrumentation Drawing (P&IDs)
• Participate in on-site project management (start-up and commissioning), troubleshooting, Clean In Place, PVC repair, cut / glue up to, but not limited to 6" PVC, valve change outs, backwashing, air scrubbing, sluicing, chemical drum / tote change outs, filter bag and cartridge filter replacements, RO membrane replacements, basic electrical troubleshooting, etc. Foxboro, Fisher and Rosemount instrumentation experience required
• Need knowledge of rotating equipment, centrifugal pumps, chemical addition pumps and centrifugal compressors, is an advantage
• Trouble shoot electrical problems and correct if necessary
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university (OR a High School Diploma, GED, Home School Certificate or International Equivalent OR a High School Diploma with a minimum of years of water treatment field work experience)
• Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (Power Point, Word, Excel) and ability to learn company and site specific computer applications
• Plant / Field Service experience in Water or related field Or Electrical distribution, controls or instrumentation Plant / Field Service experience Or Mechanical pump or piping Plant / Field Service experience
• College or Technical / Trade School Degree in Engineering / Technical field from an accredited college or university and/or equivalent work experience in the industry
• Familiarity with water treatment processes and applications
• Strong communication (written and oral)
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Customer focused; customer service and results oriented
• Strong analytical skills and Business Acumen
• Team player
• Takes initiative
Please Note: Lusby MD is the preferred location for this role but qualified candidates from other locations may be considered.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:
@geconnections at http://bit.ly/geconnections
Locations: United States; Maryland
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.