Power Water & Distributed Power
GE has confirmed it is exploring options for selling the Water & Process Technologies business. The plan to divest the business is a strategic decision that provides an opportunity to reposition the business for growth and further invest for long-term success. Water & Process Technologies will operate business as usual through this process and will continue to meet its commitments to its valued customers and employees. This includes hiring strong talent to help the business grow and be successful. GE is targeting to complete the sale of the business by mid-2017.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world's largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Field Service Representative - Southeast Texas
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
Victoria, Freeport, Corpus Christi
The Field Service Representative (FSR) - Southeast Texas will be responsible for providing our on-site technical customer service. This position will include chemistry test, chemical feed and control equipment maintenance, chemical inventory management, technical recommendations, and written service reports. This is a customer facing position.
As the Field Service Representative (FSR) - Southeast Texas, you will:
* Install and service chemical feed and water treatment and chemical feed equipment at designated locations
* Act as technical consultant and liaison with customer management and technical counterparts
* Perform water analysis and/or collect samples for preparation, labeling and shipment to designated laboratory for analysis
* Work with PLC controls, understands water process treatment design, and repairs pumps, instruments and control panels
* Conduct preventative maintenance and calibrates feed pumps, controllers, feed rate charts and maintain log sheets
* Maintain inventory of spare parts (lube oil, tubing, and piping), and adequate supply of reagents, sample containers, and shipment containers necessary for routine as well as special sampling and analysis
* Travel and work overtime, as required
* All aspects of safety on the job, including the operation and maintenance of an assigned company vehicle if required and all EHS policies
* High School Diploma, GED, Home School Certification, or international equivalent to High School Diploma
* Minimum of 2 years of lab, plant or maintenance experience ( OR a minimum of 2 years of college, military, technical / vocational school training)
* Ability and willingness to travel regularly within assigned territory, at times requiring overnight stay, as required
* Work frequently in a heavy industrial environment requiring use of Personal Safety Equipment and exposure to noise, dust, chemicals and other similar irritants typical of those found in refinery, chemical plants, power plants, etc., as required
* Ability and willingness to comply with stringent drug testing and background check requirements set by customer safety requirements, as required
* Ability and willingness to travel, as required
* Ability and willingness to work overtime, as required
* To the extent that you are applying for a position that requires you to operate a GE owned / leased or rented vehicle for company business, you must be willing to submit to a check of your driving record.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Technical Training / Education
* Familiarity with water treatment processes and applications
* Strong Communication (written and oral)
* Strong Interpersonal Skills
* Customer Service and results oriented
* Strong Analytical Skills and Business Acumen
* Team player with the ability to take initiative
* Ability to lift and move heavy loads and to operate a forklift
* Able to work independently
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.