Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk . Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
The Field Service Engineer is responsible to provide Professional Services for APC by Schneider Electric customers including technical site analysis to resolve customer issues and to perform field service duties on APC by Schneider Electric’s complete range of Precision Cooling Equipment.
• Perform Startup/Commissioning on all equipment across the entire APC by Schneider Electric Precision Cooling product line.
• Perform Preventive Maintenance on all equipment across the entire APC by Schneider Electric Precision Cooling product line.
• Perform Unscheduled Maintenance on all equipment across the entire APC by Schneider Electric Precision Cooling product line.
• Document all required information for each site visit performed
• Work with other team members to complete custom and large installation projects
• Properly document, label, and return all defective parts utilized in the repair of APC by Schneider Electric equipment to the designated disposal/repair location.
• Educate APC by Schneider Electric customers on basic operation of their equipment. Inform customers of issues which they may have experience with their equipment in a way which is beneficial to the customer as well as APC by Schneider Electric.
• Assist APC by Schneider Electric Service Partners in site visits, evaluating technical and professional performance.
• Perform other duties as assigned Qualifications: This job might be for you if: Education/Skills:
- Associate degree in HVAC with at least 1year of related experience, or have 4-5 years equivalent experience in a related field, or equivalent combinations of education and experience.
- EPA Universal Certification required.
- Thorough understanding of HVAC principles, specifically cooling and basic knowledge of electricity.
- Two to four years of field service repair and customer service with HVAC, Precision cooling equipment.
- Must be able to perform duties with general direction, receiving only general guidance with respect to overall objectives.
- Work is usually quite independent of other team members.
- Must operate within division policy guidelines using independent judgment in achieving assigned objectives.
- Must comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business procedures, professional documents, technical procedures, and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY . Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.