Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
Responsible to provide Professional Services for Schneider Electric IT Mission Critical customers including technical site analysis to resolve customer issues and to perform field service duties on Schneider Electric IT Mission Critical’s complete range of single-phase and 3-phase equipment. Fundamental knowledge of electrical distribution systems, basic test and measurement equipment, in-depth knowledge of electrical code and IEEE requirements, and in-depth knowledge of electronic principals is required. A high level of customer service skills is required as well as the ability to travel extensively.
· Perform Startup/Commissioning on all Schneider Electric IT Mission Critical equipment across the entire Schneider Electric IT Mission Critical product line on single module and multi-module systems.
· Perform Preventive Maintenance on all Schneider Electric IT Mission Critical equipment across the entire Schneider Electric IT Mission Critical product line on single module and multi-module systems.
· Perform Unscheduled Maintenance on all Schneider Electric IT Mission Critical equipment across the entire Schneider Electric IT Mission Critical product line on single module and multi-module systems.
· Perform basic Power Audits of customer’s distribution systems, working with Sales to complete Availability Assessments.
· Document all required information for each site visit performed
· Work with other team members to complete custom and large installation projects
· Properly document, label, and return all defective parts utilized in the repair of Schneider Electric IT Mission Critical equipment to the designated disposal/repair location.
· Educate Schneider Electric IT Mission Critical customers on basic operation of their equipment. Inform customers of issues which they may have experience with their equipment in a way which is beneficial to the customer as well as Schneider Electric IT Mission Critical
· Assist Schneider Electric IT Mission Critical Service Partners in site visits, evaluating technical and professional performance.
· Perform other duties as assigned
This job might be for you if you have:
• Leadership skills necessary to mentor and support team members in the field; helpful, coaching attitude
• High level of technical knowledge of electronic/electrical component theory.
• Must be able to perform duties with general direction, receiving only general guidance with respect to overall objectives. Work is usually quite independent of other team members
• Must operate within division policy guidelines using independent judgment in achieving assigned objectives
• Must comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures
• Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business procedures, professional documents, technical procedures, and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of algebra and geometry.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
• Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, etc.
• Handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Must be able to stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time. Must be agile and mobile with respect to finger, hand, arm and leg movement.
• Must be able to communicate (speak and hear) effectively to various intellectual levels
• Must be able to lift and carry heavy objects up to 50 pounds
• Must be able to see and focus clearly up close as well as short distances.
Education and Experience
• Associate degree in electronics/electrical with at least 3 year of related experience, or have 4-5 years' equivalent experience in a related field, or equivalent combinations of education and experience.
• Prior experience as an electrician preferred
• Prior High Power UPS experienced preferred
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
A little about us:
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.