Field Service Supervisor
If you want to develop your career with the industry leader who gives you the innovative technology you love to work with and empowers you to deliver a service you can be proud of - then this is where you need to be.
Extraordinary Technology Requires Extraordinary Talent!
Our Distribution business delivers reliable, durable, high performing products for our global partners. You are key to our customers' success. Working with industry leading technology and diagnostic tools, you'll deliver solutions that build your knowledge base and fuel your career.
Cummins has supplied service and support to the Rocky Mountain Region for more than 70 years as the authorized distributor of Cummins products and services. A commitment to excellence is deeply rooted in our tradition of exceptional service. Our employees are dedicated to delivering the "Best Every Time, Every Day" with the goal of earning customers for life!
We take pride in providing an unmatched high caliber of service and support for Cummins engines, generators, filters, and related products that serve the varied needs of our territory. Crucial to accomplishing this is the energy and commitment of Cummins employees to the company.
At Cummins we are seeking an experienced Field Service Supervisor who:
- Supervises employees who install, service, and repair equipment and machinery.
- Supervises Service Technicians and/or Service Team Leaders; coordinates and schedules Technician work schedules; communicates repair plans to Technicians aligned with customer quotes; monitors Technician productivity and repair quality.
- Provides coaching and feedback to individual Service Technicians and/or Service Team Leaders; provides performance reviews and opportunities for professional growth.
- Provides first level of support to Service Technicians requiring assistance; escalates technical support needs for resolution when needed.
- Manages service logistics including use of materials, equipment, and employees ensuring safety, quality, and efficient operations
- Develop and/or reviews quotes for accuracy prior to communication to customers; provides updates on repair status and any plan or schedule changes.
- Participates in continuous improvement activities by reviewing, changing, and improving processes in line with changing customer expectations/organizational goals.
- Monitors the status of open repairs with technicians; addresses issues that impact completion of the repair plan in the time quoted to customers.
- Monitors goals and targets for the branch; measures, reviews, and maintains superior customer satisfaction levels.
- Resolves customer concerns related to Cummins or distributor warranties; develops strong relationships with key customers through frequent and professional communication.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Channel Repair Process - QuickServe - Able to lead others in executing the QuickServe process. Demonstrate improvements using the QuickServe Customer Meter/Net Promoter Score data. Able to identify correlation between key service performance indicators and QuickServe Customer Meter to determine how well the process is being executed.
- Service Cross Functional Knowledge - Basic understanding of the service processes, both retail and service support. Experience with the tools of service such as diagnostic procedures, technical support, and reliability improvement. User should have experience in field investigation of product failure. User should understand diagnostic procedures and how our product is serviced in the field.
- Communication - Written and Verbal - Is able to effectively and clearly communicate in both written and verbal means.
- Analyze Issues - Understanding of how to analyze issues. Demonstrates use of analysis skills to learn and analyze information in a timely way. Applies accurate logic in solving problems.
- Manage Execution - Solid understanding of how to manage execution. Manages the performance of self and others through the use of structured tools. Delegates effectively and regularly with solid support and follow through. Uses defined processes to manage execution.
- Claims Management System - Awareness of the Claims Management Systems. Also has some knowledge of Cummins products and their respective warranty coverage's. Familiarization with the Warranty Administration Manual, campaigns, Temporary Repair Practices, and warranty alerts.
- Focus on Customer Needs - Familiar with key Cummins customers. Knowledge would include business strategies, organizational structures, geographic footprints, financial results, internal processes, and primary needs for effective segmentation.
- Intermediate level of relevant work experience, including team leadership experience, required.
- Experience using QSSA Field Aware as a field user or supervisor
- Prior field service experience as a technician or supervisor
- Strong understanding and application of work prioritization (scheduling/rescheduling) techniques to maximize effectiveness of field technicians while taking into account customer needs and high priority work; i.e., emergency down and life safety events.
Education, Licenses or Certifications:
- Technical trade school degree or equivalent education, or equivalent experience required.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Base salary commensurate with experience.
- Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to work with ground-breaking products and technology? Apply for this opportunity to start your career as an extraordinary Tech with Cummins today. Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.