Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world's leading clean, engine technology. We're also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Our Distribution business delivers reliable, durable, high performing products for our global partners. You are key to our customers' success. Working with industry leading technology and business professionals, you'll deliver solutions that build your knowledge base and fuel your career.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right .
• Provide leadership and direct supervision for assigned team of mobile PG Technicians
• Fosters an environment that promotes safety, employee & customer satisfaction, and retention
• Formulate relationships of trust with customers
• Direct customer interaction and ensure customer needs are met and offer advice or recommendations as needed
• Administers company policies within group demonstrating fairness and consistency
• Collaborates closely with the Tech Advisor creating a leadership team that oversees and supervises assigned PG Technicians
• Supervise and manage safety in the service department by reviewing Job Safety Analysis (JSA) and conducting Job Safety Observations (JSO)
• Responsible for hiring, transfers and performance management processes (set goals, discipline, training and development needs) of FSPG Technicians
• Manage tools and assets including vehicles used by FSPG technicians including calibration, ensuring regular maintenance and audits are performed
• Fully understand collective bargaining agreements within the branches of their area
• Ensures scope of work is delivered and all documentation i.e. Work orders, time sheets, expense reports, PM checklists etc... are complete per standard service policy
• Assist with complex service work from quote to invoice
• Manages Technician on-call rotation
• Performs on-call rotation as required
• Collaborate with FSPG Service team on new equipment commissioning as necessary
• Coach, counsel, and mentor Technicians for the purpose of increasing engagement, retention and success
• All other duties as assigned by Zone Lead
Critical Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities by Dimension:
• Minimum two years of experience in this or a related field or position
• Basic knowledge of power generation and/or diesel engines
• Customer service skills that demonstrate the company's Service Excellence commitment.
• Supervisory skills including but not limited to delegating, interviewing, motivating, providing feedback, skills development, and job training
• Prior experience using a computer and keyboard to complete work
• Organizational and time management skills
• Able to multi-task in a fast paced work environment
• Excellent communication skills (active listening, writing, speaking & telephone) and ability to communicate technical information effectively
• Requires ability to safely lift up to 75 pounds on occasion using proper lifting tools/techniques
• Tasks will require walking, bending, stretching, standing, twisting, climbing up and down on equipment
• Ability to safely operate power tools and equipment
• Work environment requires the ability to wear identified PPE at all times in work area
HSE, Quality and Continuous Improvement:
• Actively practice, train, and champion "Safety is my Responsibility" culture to ensure adherence to Cummins safety policies and procedures
• Understanding of and ability to enforce safety rules and programs
• Demonstrated ability to initiate, expedite, and follow through to project completion
• Ability to contribute to continuous improvement process
• Endorse and actively support Cummins Customer Service Excellence (CSE) efforts.
• Drives a culture of corporate responsibility for the benefit of employees and the communities in which Cummins operates
• Adhere to and champion the Cummins Business Code of Conduct including setting an example of ethical behavior
• Ability to accomplish organizational goals and obtain results through others
• Ability to positively react to change in environment, process and people
• Ability to delegate to and empower others
• Demonstrated ability to work through conflict and use effective problem solving techniques
• Demonstrated ability to develop & maintain effective working relationships with employees, customers and co-workers
At Cummins, we are dedicated to diversity in the workplace and our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, age, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or other status protected by law.
A little about us:
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.