Schedule Field Service Technicians. Promote field service sales and Preventative Maintenance Agreements. Respond to customer's technical field service questions. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Qualifications: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Promote the concept of "total quality" customer service.
- Track and promote the development and training of field service technicians to achieve a higher quality of efficiency.
- Receive customer service requests. Complete call-out sheet with all pertinent information.
- Dispatch field service technicians.
- Handle all aspects of field service sales, including preparation and delivery of field service quotes to customers, and follow-up to answer customer's questions.
- Maintain communication to promote customer relations and loyalty.
- Work closely with the parts department to ensure field service parts are delivered in a timely fashion.
- Achieve service targets in order to reach monthly goals.
- Plan and coordinate implementation of maintenance contracts.
- Act as primary liaison with customers to provide quotes and scheduling work.
- Ensure that all new service programs (e.g. standard repair times, exchanges, etc.) are carried out by all service employees.
- Use suggestive selling techniques to promote the sale of service specials and recommend preventative maintenance.
- Apply warranty to work orders.
- Invoice work orders.
- Coordinate power generation startup with sales department and customers.
- Track and support monthly mobile quick serve measures.
- Manage the up keep on company tools and equipment.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Knowledge of all Cummins/Onan equipment.
- Strong computer skills.
- Understanding of basic mechanical and electrical principles.
- Possess knowledge of warranty and service programs on Cummins/Onan products.
- Must be self-motivated and possess strong interpersonal and customer relation skills.
- Minimum of five years experience as a Field Service Technician.
- Must have an internal drive for customer service and provide an elevated level of service for internal and external customers.
- Must comply with safety rules and regulations and apply them to daily work routines for personal safety and the safety of others.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Describe extraordinary conditions that are associated with the essential elements of the job (e.g. work space, hazardous conditions, environmental conditions, etc.) Cummins and E-verify:
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
A little about us:
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.