About the Opportunity
As a Field Service Technician at Pitney Bowes,you thrive on aptitude and you deliver with precision. You will demonstrate a high level of proficiency in performing all activities associated with installing, servicing and maintaining a wide range of Pitney Bowes products in a geographic territory. This position requires from strong electromechanical skills to advanced electronics skills in order to properly troubleshoot and repair appropriately. In addition, personal computer literacy/skills, computer certification, basic software skills, application knowledge and an understanding of integrated circuits are all a requirement. All aspects of revenue-generating functions such as EMA sales, billable labor and parts/supplies are part of the Field Product Specialist responsibilities. You see opportunities where others see challenges. Build. Deploy. Bridge. Grow.
In this role, you'll join our Document Messaging Technology (DMT) team in the Oklahoma City, OK area and report to the Client Service Manager. You will be responsible for:
- Maintains service level of assigned product line through maintenance of product up time to prescribed levels. Combines competent functional knowledge of equipment with customer application(s) and use. Plans and coordinates install with Sales as required.
- Maintains high level of equipment up time through knowledge of products and customer requirements. Successfully completes company-based training programs and keeps current with applicable technologies through formal education and/or other means.
- Receives technical guidance from and supports Senior Field Product Specialists. Works directly with senior staff at customer site or in other settings as required.
- Contributes to revenue growth through solicitation and sales of parts, labor, EMA's and other programs including supplies, etc. Maintains current knowledge of revenue enhancement opportunities across Sales/Service/Direct Marketing spectrum. Provides added value to customer through recommendation and upgrade of EMA's or other means: parts, supplies, etc.
- Ensures integrity of metered mail. Understands and maintains statutory requirements of metered mail system with USPS and educates customer of it.
- Maintains work area, equipment and tools in a safe and working condition. Adheres to all statutory and company mandated safety regulations and informs customers and/or internal staff of any and all concerns.
- High school/Technical school degree with specialization in electromechanical, electric, or equivalent background.
- Proven performance (min 1 year) in technical service and customer relations of moderately complex business equipment and systems such as (i.e. mailing equipment, inserters, laser/thermal printers, kiosks, copiers, facsimile machines, LAN, telecommunications equipment, ATM machines).
- 1 year experience in field technical service for complex business equipment and systems.
- Ability to read and interpret part prints, schematics, technical manuals, etc.
- Ability to adapt to changing environment in the areas of products and technology, customer personalities and customer knowledge levels.
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record required/reliable transportation required.
- Ability to transport at least 35 lbs with or without accommodation.
- This position will require travel to and from customer sites on a daily basis as well as other facilities with occasional long-distance travel.
- Needs to be available for standby support during the week and on weekends.
- A significant amount of standing, walking, and lifting, with or without accommodation's is required for this position.
- Net+ Certification
- Printer repair and certification (ie: PDI)
- A+ Certification
Our Document Messaging Technology (DMT) team offers a full range of inserters, sorters, software and production printers that enable the creation of high-impact, color customer communications, including bills, statements, marketing offers and compliance documents. We provide digital solutions so organizations can create the right relationships with the right customers.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
W/M/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.
A little about us:
Find your next great opportunity at Pitney Bowes.