Airgas, an Air Liquide company is Now Hiring
Field Service Technician I in Santa Fe Springs, CA
Are Safety, Ethics and Excellent Customer Service important to you?
Are you excited to drive success with welding, advanced fabrication, and manufacturing companies?
Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward? Discover an exciting Career with Airgas as a Field Service Technician I!
As the leading U.S. distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases and hardgoods, Airgas has a focus on quality products-but we recognize that it's the quality of our people that makes our success possible. With more than 17,000 associates working in approximately 1,100 locations-branches, retail stores, gas fill plants, specialty labs, gas production facilities and distribution centers-chances are, there is a career at Airgas custom fit for you. GENERAL SUMMARY:
Cryogenic Technician will assist in the installation and repair of high pressure cylinder piping systems, cryogenic bulk tanks, mirco-bulk tanks, cryogenic dewer cylinders, vaporizers and manifold equipment at Airgas facilities and customer sites to ensure the safe, effective and efficient delivery of our products to the customers' point of use. Technician will be responsible for performing regularly scheduled preventative maintenance checks on cryogenic pressure vessels, production/plant equipment and maintain inventory of parts and supplies. Install and troubleshoot Telemetry. Obtain brazing certification. ES
SENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Comply with all Company and industry safety policies and procedures.
- Assist in cryogenic and high pressure piping systems installations, inspections, and repairs of such equipment as per NFPA standards and manufacturers recommended procedures to ensure operational safety and efficiency.
- Assist in the service, inspection, use, and maintain compressors, pumps and other shop tools/equipment in clean good working condition and accordance with manufacturers recommended procedures.
- Identify and communicate service problems to manager for timely repair response.
- Maintain inventory of parts and required to perform service, inspection and maintain of all equipment associated with the basic function of this position.
- Submit completed service orders, estimates and invoices to manager in timely manner to facilitate customer billing.
- Maintain excellent customer service.
- Demonstrate proficient skills; upgrades knowledge and skills on an on-going basis.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Must attend company safety meetings.
- General office/facility housekeeping .
- Required to participate in the on-call program.
- Other duties as assigned.
Other duties as assigned that fall within scope of job. This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of this position. Incumbents are expected to follow any other reasonable instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their foreman or manager. Performance of this job in a safe manner and in keeping with established Airgas policies is a condition of employment.
Qualifications: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be involved with the management of your qualifications to perform tasks. Level placement will be determined in accordance with geographical requirement, training, evaluation, and qualification in addition to peer review and management approval.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties. Required Education:
College or technical degree preferred. Required Length & Type of Experience:
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (KSA's):
- Desired minimum of 1 - 2 years of diagnostic and/or repair experience in some or all of the following is required: cryogenics, high pressure piping, brazing, programmable controls, pumping systems, mechanical aptitude and/or process instrumentation preferred.
- Experience in the HVAC or plumbing industry with hands on welding/brazing skills.
- Able to understand piping and tank detail from manuals and mechanical drawings and/or P&ID's.
- Ability to understand and apply applicable standards for good manufacturing practice set forth by the CGA, NFPA, NEC and other professional/regulatory bodies.
- Must have a valid driver's license and clean DMV report, may require DOT physical.
- Must have strong math skills; ability to calculate figures and units of measure.
- Must be customer service oriented and able to interact with both internal and external customers in a professional manner.
- Skills to prioritize integrated service activities to maximize time spent working on equipment at internal or external customer locations.
- Takes initiative to problem solve and troubleshoot with results.
- Ability to work safely under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Team player attitude with ability to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
- Detailed-oriented with good organizational skills.
- Must be able to work occasional overtime to meet operational deadlines.
- Pre-employment and random drug testing and background screen applies.
The characteristics listed below are representative of the physical demands required by an individual to successfully perform the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Secures the necessary documentation and approvals of work performed.
- The USES category for this position is Medium. While performing the duties of this job the associate is regularly required to stand (up to 2 hours), kneel, squat, bend, stoop, reach, push, pull, as well as talk and hear.
- The associate will be required to routinely lift 25-50 lbs and occasionally lift 51-80 lbs with material handling equipment for more than 10 feet.
- Associate is required by this position to use hands to fingers to feel objects, work tools or controls.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
The characteristics listed below are representative of the work environment typically encountered by an individual while performing the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- While performing the duties of this position, the associate is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions.
- The associate is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The associate will spend the majority of the time in the customer facility and on route to the customer facility.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
- Job requires visitation of to various Airgas and customer sites, which have varying environments/conditions, layouts, and accessibility.
The above stated duties are intended to outline those functions typically performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This description of duties is not intended to be all-inclusive or to limit the discretionary authority of supervisors to assign other tasks of similar nature or level of responsibility nor does it imply an employment agreement. Airgas offers a full benefits package includes:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Reimbursement and much more...
What do our Team Members have to say?
"Great place to work with great growth potential" - Director, Atlanta
"Opportunity to advance and a great safety program" - Driver, Cheshire
"Fun people to work with and flexible management" - Sales Specialist
Airgas will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability