A Super Opportunity Awaits You!
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, the nation's leading single-source supplier of gases, welding and safety products is seeking a Field Service Technician in Kennewick, WA.
Known locally and nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise.
• Install, place in operation, maintain, inspect, test, trouble-shoot and repair equipment at customer sites to ensure the safe, effective and efficient delivery of our products to customer's point of use
• Serve as key point of contact/coordination between company and customer to meet all requirements safely, efficiently and economically
• Perform in the above capacities specifically for Air Liquide America's applicable equipment including oxygen, nitrogen, argon, hydrogen, helium and carbon dioxide liquid and gas storage systems; customer distribution/regulation systems; applications equipment; telemonitoring equipment; instrumentation; and FLOXAL systems including air compressors and various small on-site nitrogen generation systems
• Coordinate activities with outside service providers, customer service engineering, sales and distribution on installations/removals
• Skills to prioritize integrated service activities to maximize time spent working on equipment at customer locations
• Ability to ensure optimum quantity/quality/cost of service work performed, complete paperwork in a timely, accurate and completed fashion
• Ability to provide for appropriate use of company assets, secure necessary documentation of work performed (installations, removals), compile billing information (if applicable) and total related costs of all work performed
• All work must be performed in conformance with established safety procedures while ensuring customer satisfaction with the appearance/operation of every installation
• Master project integration and leadership skills
• Assume responsibility for a project, process, clients and/or customers
• Take initiative in problem solving; produce significant results
• Operate safely and effectively in an ever changing environment
• Promote team-work to achieve project goals
• Obtain information/resources; perform independently
• Position reports to local Field Service Manager
• High School diploma or GED required; College or Technical degree preferred
• 4 yrs. diagnostic and repair experience required in some or all of the following: cryogenics, high pressure piping, brazing, electrical circuits (including 3 phase power), refrigeration (EPA certified in refrigerant recovery), PLCs (programmable logic controllers), and process instrumentation
• Ability to be on call 24/7
• Ability to work in inclement weather
• Ability to travel with approximately 15% being overnight
• Currently hold a valid drivers license allowing operation of a vehicle over 10,000 lb. GVW (with clean driving record)
• Excellent written/verbal communicator; must deal effectively with internal and external customers
• Ability to comply with all applicable governmental and Air Liquide America policies, regulations, and procedures; knows/applies all applicable standards for good manufacturing practice set forth by the CGA, NFPA, CMA and other professional/regulatory bodies
• Skills to remove customer installations unassisted
• May be required to spend a great deal of time on his/her feet, climbing, stooping, turning
• Ability to lift up to 50lbs
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.