Are you ready to lead a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward? Move your Career forward with Airgas, an Air Liquide company as our Field Service Technician Trainee in the Chicagoland Area !
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products; and a leading U.S. supplier of refrigerants, ammonia products, and process chemicals.
Dedicated to improving the performance of its more than 1 million customers, Airgas safely and reliably provides products, services and expertise through its more than 18,000 associates, over 1,100 locations, robust e-Business platform, and Airgas Total Access telesales channel.
As an Air Liquide company, the world leader in gases, technology and services for Industry and Health, Airgas offers customers an unrivaled global footprint and industry leading technology and innovations. GENERAL SUMMARY:
The (Cryogenic) Field Service Technician Trainee is responsible for successfully completing comprehensive technician training that will provide a solid foundation to acquire the competence and skill to meet the responsibilities of the Field Service Technician position. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates in all trainings as necessary to develop a high level of technical competence in all field service job duties to include, but not limited to the following:
- Installation and repair of high pressure cylinder piping systems, cryogenic bulk tanks, mirco-bulk tanks, cryogenic dewer cylinders, vaporizers and manifold equipment.
- Performing regularly scheduled preventative maintenance checks on cryogenic pressure vessels, production/plant equipment.
- Maintaining appropriate inventory of parts and supplies.
- Installation and troubleshooting of telemetry.
- Receives instruction on compliance with Airgas Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) per the Bulk Installation Manual.
- Participates with a trained Field Service Technician in the following:
- Safe operation of equipment such as heaters, vaporizers, mixers, telemetry, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) and other related equipment.
- Installation of cryogenic bulk & gaseous bulk tanks at Airgas facilities and customer sites.
- Diagnosing problems.
- Repair work projects on bulk vessels, high pressure systems and cryogenic transport trailers.
- Preventative maintenance inspections on all cryogenic equipment.
- Repairing pumping systems meters, valves, piping and regulators.
- Installation of piping systems in accordance with company SOP's.
- Site Surveys to assure compliance with all federal, state/provincial and local codes.
- Completes required paperwork on a timely basis.
- Adheres to and ensures that all safety policies and procedures are followed.
- Completes all assigned duties/jobs within an appropriate timeframe.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have, or be able to obtain, a Certified Brazer Certificate, within 90 days of employment.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Prior electrical experience or experience working with power tools and Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&Id) preferred.
- Ability to work with cryogenic equipment, pumps, pressure piping, compressors, and to troubleshoot system problems. Ability to gain a basic understanding of welding, brazing processes (specifically silver brazing).
- Ability to utilize a computer and basic Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook E-mail).
- Ability to read and comprehend documents such as safety rules, material safety data sheets, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to learn to read blueprints and design specifications, manufacturer drawings, architectural drawings related to bulk delivery sites associated with customer installations. Ability to perform mathematical calculations.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure to meet deadlines, as well as with others.
- Demonstrates a clear and effective speaking manner for the purpose of explaining information to customers and employees.
- Ability to receive goals and manage time to ensure tasks are completed in a timely manner and achievement of goals are accomplished and manage and execute multiple tasks or priorities as necessary.
- Must possess self-motivation, enthusiasm, a positive attitude and perform as a team player.
The characteristics listed below are representative of the physical demands required by an individual to successfully perform the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Employee will regularly be required to transverse through office and/or manufacturing locations.
- Employee will frequently be required to actively listen and exchange information.
- Employee will be required to observe and assess information.
- Requires frequent use of computer, IPad, cellphone, and operation of a motor vehicle.
- Will be required to move / transport materials weighing 25-75 pounds in which frequent bending, twisting and reaching motions may be required.
- Required to perform various physical maneuvers requiring climbing stairs, ladders and truck beds to complete essential functions of the job.
- Must be able to work frequent overtime (days, evenings, and weekends, if necessary) and be available on-call.
- Employee may be required to remain stationary for extended periods of time.
The characteristics listed below are representative of the work environment typically encountered by an individual while performing the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- The noise level in the work environment can range from moderate to high.
- Must be able to work outdoors in a wide range of temperatures.
- Exposure to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock.
- Frequent local travel within 2 hours of home (90%).
- Occasional overnight travel.
- Must have reliable, appropriate transportation. Service truck will be provided after initial training phase.
NOTE: The above stated duties are intended to outline those functions typically performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This description of duties is not intended to be all-inclusive or to limit the discretionary authority of supervisors to assign other tasks of similar nature or level of responsibility nor does it imply an employment agreement. Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Assistance and much more...!
What do our Team Members have to say about being part of the team?
"Great place to work with great growth potential" - Director, Atlanta
"Opportunity to advance and a great safety program" - Driver, Cheshire
"Fun people to work with and flexible management" - Sales Specialist
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.