Eaton’s Lighting Products Division is seeking a Field Service Representative. The Field Service Representative can be located in Denver CO, Pheonix AZ, Salt Lake City UT, or Las Vegas NV.
Our Lighting Systems & Solutions business is seeking a Field Service Representative to perform on site commissioning of lighting controls products. This includes travel to job sites in various phases of construction to examine installation, test equipment, program equipment with desired settings, and training end users on the use and upkeep of the lighting control systems installed. This position will work closely with the technical support phone representatives to provide service to on-site customers as well as providing technical expertise for customers. This position will be located in a major city in the western part of the United States.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Travel to sites to commission installed lighting control systems. This may include troubleshooting, proper installation verification, system programming and customer training.
- Assist in the gathering of data for project commissioning, including completed panel schedule paperwork and other documents pertinent to job commissioning.
- Prepares and submits documentation regarding site visitations to the Phone Support center in order for streamlined continued support of the customer site.
- Assist with training of additional field support representatives or lighting representatives.
- Act as a backup phone support representative when not commissioning projects in the field answering incoming calls regarding questions on the lighting control product line including, but not limited to, implementation of hardware and computer software in the field, programming of controllers, wiring of components and arrangement for replacement parts.
- Timely reporting and database maintenance from the site commissioning is required in order to ensure a fluid transition from Field Service to Technical phone Support for the end user customer.
- Special projects as required by management.
- Associate’s degree from an accredited institution OR an Electrical Journeyman Degree OR Licensed Electrician OR Certified Electrical Technician
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in technical field service.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Relocation assistance is not offered for this position. Candidate must be located near a major city in the West (Vegas, Phoenix, Denver, Salt Lake, etc.).
- Must be able to travel up to 75% of the time.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Experience in Technical field sales or repair.
- Experience in Lighting, Controls, HVAC, security system industry.
- Ability to tactfully respond to questions, and frame responses in conjunction with company policies and procedures.
- Well-developed analytic ability and troubleshooting skills .
- Ability to work with, and technically train, customers at all levels of the construction process, including contractors and engineers.
- Serve as common customer point of contact to Eaton.
- Adheres to and promotes Eaton’s Zero Incident Safety Culture.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.