At MetLife, we seek to make a meaningful impact in the lives of our customers and our communities.
United States : Washington : Bellevue
Alternate Job Location
Job Summary: Provide cross-market support functions across both regional and local markets in a field office.
• Supports senior sales staff in the internal and external post-sale activities associated with the acquisition of new business and in maintaining existing client/broker relationships.
• Coordinates support and/or Conducts post-sale enrollment meetings; presenting product information, distributing approved materials, collecting forms and answering questions.
• Promotes, organizes, and may attends enrollment meetings and benefit fairs for assigned customers.
• Works with internal partners to resolve escalated issues, request needed plan performance reporting and develop marketing plans.
• Prepares presentation materials.
• Actively participates in finalist meetings for prospective customers, stewardship meetings for existing customers and broker meetings to discuss both.
• Ensures proper licensing and appointment paperwork is in good order for writing agents.
• Actively participates throughout the implementation process.
• Demonstrates strong client-specific product knowledge and provides consultative assistance on issues related to their plans.
• Stays informed of specific client activities taking place (acquisitions, divestures, layoffs, budget challenges, etc.).
• Tracks renewal status and margin position, negotiation of rates, working with underwriting to request alternate plan designs as necessary and initiation of amendments borne out of final decisions.
• Mentors newly hired associates and assists with process training.
• Performs other duties as assigned or required by specific market.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None. May provide guidance to lower level staff members.
• 3-5 years book of business management experience in industry
• Life and Health license (required within 90 days of employment)
• Proficient in MS Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
• Able to maneuver within multiple complex systems at same time.
• Strong product knowledge and underwriting skills.
• Excellent presentation skills, oral and written communication skills.
• Strong relationship and organizational skills.
• Able to work well with others as well as independently.
• Able to solve problems and think creatively.
• Ability to recognize opportunities to recommend new product offerings.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, martial or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
Note to Mobile Users: If viewing on a mobile device and would like to apply, please email the job to yourself and complete the application from a desktop/laptop.
Note to Desktop/Laptop Users: For immediate consideration, click Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which takes 10 - 15 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Internal Use Only: 10M
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.