Air Products and Chemicals, Inc., a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases, has an immediate opening for a Field Services Specialist Enginee
r at our Corporate Headquarters in Allentown, Pennsylvania. POSITION SUMMARY
The Equipment Sales and Plant Services (ESPS) Business Area is responsible for the global after-market equipment and services sales to third party customers and Air Products joint ventures of industrial gas equipment and processes. This position is a senior technical role reporting directly to the ESPS Field Services Manager, responsible for providing our customers with assistance in commissioning, start-up, outage planning, productivity upgrades, plant assessments, and troubleshooting their facilities.PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Work with account managers to maintain strong customer relationships by providing knowledgeable support and demonstrating the experience and capabilities of Air Products
- Assist customers in plant operations and troubleshooting
- Train customer personnel in safety and operating procedures
- Commissioning/startup advisor for plant upgrade projects
- Assist Commercial team with customer inquiries
- Lead Plant Assessments and site evaluations at customer facilities
- Help customers plan outages and manage maintenance
- Use data analytics (ProcessMD) to aid troubleshooting and improve plant efficiency
- ESPS Annual Revenues $110MM
- Project values up to $20MM
- ESPS executes 10 to 15 projects at any one time
This position involves working with ESPS account managers and our Global customers in the Americas. The incumbent will utilize their technical background to assist our third-party customers in running and optimizing their facilities. The individual will work with other engineering and support groups inside and outside of Air Products, having direct contact with customers and suppliers. Product lines include ASU's, H2 Plants, Hydrocarbon Coldboxes, PSAs, VSAs, Membranes, and Helium plantsCritical Competencies
- Passion to be the be the best in the industry
- Positive Attitude
- External Focus
- High School diploma & two-year technical degree, or equivalent
- 10+ years of experience in Plant Operations
- Thorough understanding of Air Products technology
- Prior experience with managing and dealing with customers technical issues
- Excellent communication skills
- Work cross functionally inside of Air Products
Air Products (NYSE:APD) is a world-leading Industrial Gases company in operation for over 75 years. The Company's core industrial gases business provides atmospheric and process gases and related equipment to manufacturing markets, including refining and petrochemical, metals, electronics, and food and beverage. Air Products is also the world's leading supplier of liquefied natural gas process technology and equipment. The Company had fiscal 2017 sales of $8.2 billion from continuing operations in 50 countries and has a current market capitalization of approximately $30 billion. Approximately 15,000 passionate, talented and committed employees from a diversity of backgrounds are driven by Air Products' higher purpose to create innovative solutions that benefit the environment, enhance sustainability and address the challenges facing customers, communities and the world.To apply for this position, please visit the Air Products Career Center. Click on Search job openings. You can apply specifically to Job Req #22033BR. If you are a current Air Products employee, please apply via APOnline by clicking on Online Applications, then selecting Career Center.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
Air Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.) All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.
Opportunities for veterans with experience in instrument, electrical, and mechanical environments.