At Vivint Solar, we're changing the way people generate and consume power. We believe that people should have a choice between using outdated, dirty technologies and using innovative, clean solutions to produce the energy they use to live every day. That's why we're making it easy for tens of thousands of people nationwide to choose to go solar. Simply stated, we're doing work that really makes a difference.
To undertake such a huge task, we need a Field Support Specialist in our Lehi, UT location. The Field Support Specialist provides desktop troubleshooting support to our field service professionals. They will use their expertise to detect problems with systems using provider portals to prevent unnecessary truck rolls. They utilize extensive understanding of the technologies used by VSLR to provide assistance to our field team. The Field Support Specialist will be instrumental in maximizing the efficiency of our field service professionals, ensuring a great customer experience.
You'll change the world by...
- Maximizing Field Service Professional Efficiency
- Understand and execute on Vivint Solar's best practices
- Remotely diagnose PV system issues including non-operation and underperformance
- Improving the customer experience by helping to eliminate future unnecessary service visits
- Providing feedback on trends you are seeing to our Quality Assurance Team
- Optimizing dispatches utilizing your solar and electrical expertise
- Meeting performance goals set forth by management
- Understanding corporate policies, the Field Operations Manual, manufacturer's specifications and requirements
You'll do that with your...
- Knowledge of current NEC and local AHJ regulations
- Solar installation/design experience (preferred)
- IT proficiency (required)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Industry experience in the solar
- Proficient with MS office & Google Apps
- Strong interpersonal communications
- Self-sufficient and highly motivated
You'll know you're ready if you have...
- High school diploma or equivalent (B.S. preferred but not required)
- Minimum 3+ years experience in electrical or solar industries
- NABCEP certification (desired)
- Electrical trades experience
- Solar trades experience
One more thing...you'll be required to submit to a criminal history check, drug screening, and obtain clearance from the state based upon the state requirements.
Vivint Solar, an equal opportunity employer, does not consider any protected traits (e.g. race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, non-job-related disability, age, or any other protected trait) when hiring-under federal, state and local laws.
A little about us:
Vivint Solar (NYSE: VSLR) is a leading provider of distributed solar energy to residential customers in the United States.