*Field Technical Services Manager I - South Puget Sound, WA*
Leads the coordination of field technical activities including installation, implementation, repair, preventative maintenance, and engineering change upgrades. Ensures records and systems are maintained. Schedules personnel responding to critical situations. Maintains communication with solution management and sales specialists in resolving solution problems. Ensures product problems are brought to the attention of the product managers.
- Leads the efforts of others in the achievement of the strategic and operational objectives of the group.
- Manages the hiring, staffing and maintaining of a diverse and effective workforce.
- Responsible for career development/planning, performance and pay discussions of team members.
- Sets strategy, goals, and metrics for field service activities.
- Manages field operations.
- Coordinates/delivers training and service readiness for new products, sustained programs, and special projects.
- Develops and implements process improvements to field operations, including tool implementation.
- Represents field services to customers, sales and segment teams, logistics, and technical support organizations.
- Oversees functional repair for In-Warranty and Out-of-Warranty screening and repair.
- Negotiates Master Service Agreements with suppliers. Negotiates all conditions pertaining to pricing, logistics, quality, payment terms, warranty terms and conditions, packaging, inventory control, export processes and metric reporting.
- Coordinates between suppliers and Dell legal department for approval and language translation.
- Leads quarterly business reviews with suppliers and functional groups.
- Undergraduate degree and 4 years, or Graduate degree and 2 years of relevant experience.
- 2 years leadership experience.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Drives for results.
- Engages others.
*Company Description *
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?*
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
*Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind:* Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
**Job:** **Product Services - Field Technical Service Manager*
**Title:** *Field Technical Services Manager I - South Puget Sound, WA*
**Requisition ID:** *16000ZTN*