Field Technology Planner Saint Louis, MO NA SC RC-Commercial Corn Production Monsanto has an exciting opportunity available as a Field Technology Planner! In this role the FTP will coordinate, validate and execute the following activities: The FTP would act as the primary Point of Contact (POC) with site personnel pertaining to field equipment data collection, mapping, geo-spacial technologies, and any new technology implementation at sites. You would be the Point of Contact (POC) for issues/updates related to field mapping, script data needs, as-planted data collection, harvest yield monitors, harvest equipment GPS tracking and data collection, and user interface of ASP data to iPad/other mobile electronic data system. You would also lead the Field Operations Team in establishing annual goals, creation of sub teams, bi-weekly team meetings, and communication of field initiatives related to POC responsibilities. You will lead process improvement efforts related to Field information, data capture and reporting capabilities, as well as communicate any updates to field and site management. As a FTP, you would be in partnership with the Field Operations Planner to drive seed production sustainability initiatives; collaborate within SAP, site personnel and Grower Accounting on grower contract data & automation related to mapping acreage calculation and/or as-planted data. You will have the opportunity to Collaborate cross functionally amongst groups (Technology, Climate, IT) to promote communication and identify synergistic use of new technology developments. You will also communicate implementation strategy of Field ASP initiatives and projects associated with field data collection as well as transfer, visualization, and reporting. You will also be the US corn manufacturing point of contact for Seed Scripts changes and implementation. Responsibilities:
Skill Set Summary:
- Based on sound judgment and experience, the incumbent will analyze complex operations and make recommendations to implement system and process improvements and provide high-level advice to the reporting manager.
- Ensure compliance with established internal control procedures and ensure work is accomplished accurately, efficiently and in a timely fashion.
- Maintain a good working relationship with other departments to ensure effective communications.
- Responsibility for all aspects of communications between field operations, IT, and Field ASP Phase III development leads.
- Ensure continuous improvement feedback for all field technology initiatives are obtained from sites, documented, driven to a decision of action.
- Assist the Production Research team in the timely collection of data for projects collaborating with site personnel. Responsible for providing historical data for statistical analysis when requested.
- Work effectively in a team based culture on other related work as required.
Work experience requirements:
- Excellent interpersonal skills for effective problem solving and coordination of information;
- Communication skills including the capability to clearly present information, influence or persuade others through oral or written communications.
- Capability to take action in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues, even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Promoter and driver for the use of new/better technology to solve operational challenges.
- Aptitude for learning SAP, FIDO 2.0, mobile technology systems.
- Demonstrated professionalism and strong initiative and foresight when making decisions and delivering on tasks.
- Ability to demonstrate agility and positive results-orientation while working in a dynamic and changing environment
- Effective organizational skills and attention to detail.
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with the Monsanto Global Commercial division. At Monsanto, we are committed to recruiting and retaining the best individuals through our team-oriented culture that encourages creativity, decision-making, and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Four year Business/Ag-Business or Business Degree required;
- Prior experience with seed manufacturing and inventory principles, practices and procedures;
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.