At Vivint Solar, we're changing the way people generate and consume power. We believe that people should have a choice between using outdated, dirty technologies and using innovative, clean solutions to produce the energy they use to live every day. That's why we're making it easy for millions of people nationwide to choose to go solar. Simply stated, we're doing work that really makes a difference.
To undertake such a huge task, we need a Regional Field Training Manager that has a strong solar background. This position will put you in a key role within Vivint Solar's Field Operations Training Department.
This department is tasked with training Vivint Solar field operations in 3 key areas:
- New hires
- Quality & best practices
- New product & process
The department also manages evaluation, pilots and launch of new installation equipment. You will oversee all field training for your assigned region, of 4-6 offices. You will directly train 4-6 offices. You will report to your Regional Field Training Manager.
Your key responsibilities will be to...
- Conduct all training activities within your region
- Accurately and efficiently train your offices
- Understand all corporate policies, the Field Operations Manual, manufacturer's specifications and requirements
- Understand and teach best practices
- Efficiently follow your training schedule and meet the minimum requirements for days in each office per quarter.
- Develop and execute office specific weekly training plans
- Teach, train and mentor field employees
- Constantly learn and improve yourself to not only have adequate technical skills but be a master communicator and teacher that earn the respect of those you teach.
- Consult with the training design and development team as a subject matter expert
- Provide regular updates and follow-up on additional responsibilities as assigned by the Regional Field Training Manager
You'll do that with your...
- Bachelor's degree, industry certification or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in electrical or solar industries.
- Self-sufficient and highly motivated.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel 2-3 weeks per month on average.
You'll know you're ready if you are...
- Experienced in the solar industry
- NABCEP or other industry certification
- Electrical trades experience
- Solar trades experience
- Proficient with MS office & Google Docs
One more thing...you'll be required to submit to a criminal history check, drug screening, and provide local and/or state licensing according to state requirements.
Vivint Solar is a proud promoter of employment opportunities to our Military and Veterans. Vivint Solar, an equal opportunity employer, does not consider any protected traits (e.g. race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, non-job-related disability, age, or any other protected trait) when hiring-under federal, state and local laws.
A little about us:
Vivint Solar (NYSE: VSLR) is a leading provider of distributed solar energy to residential customers in the United States.