File Processing Specialist
Posted: January 06, 2017
Reference ID: 1301882737
This position is responsible for preparing our production work orders for operations. This includes sending and receiving files of varying file types, gathering and printing reports, balancing counts and dollar amounts, and monitoring emails for additional tasks as needed. Additionally there will be a need to learn some proprietary software specific to Epiq processing.
Job responsibilities of the Processing Specialist include:
• Prepare Reports for Operations
• Fax/email reports to customers
• Receive phone calls from customers for questions or issues
• Send/receive multiple file types for customers
• Entering data into a work order system specific to Epiq and filing appropriate paperwork
In addition to the duties above, the Processing Leadworker is responsible for the following:
• Ensuring reports and files balance to each other for both counts and sometimes dollar amounts
• Prompt reporting of issues encountered to the appropriate people for resolution
Job Qualifications and Requirements
The position requires:
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• General Computer skills including copying, moving, deleting, and renaming files
• Windows experience preferred
• Microsoft Office experience preferred
• Ability to multitask
• Organization skills
On-Going Requirement for Acceptable Security Profile: As a result of the highly-confidential and secure work environment and based upon multiple, on-going client contractual obligations, all staff working at Epiq Class Action & Claims Solutions must undergo an initial suitability review for security clearance. Based upon the nexus to the specific job duties or location, this process may include all or some of the following steps: a pre-employment drug screening; confirmation of educational degree(s) or certification(s); verification of prior employment experience; review of personal or professional references; review of prior criminal convictions for all applicable jurisdictions for a period up to 10 years; employment eligibility based upon federal, state or local standards and requirements; a review of credit status and history based upon industry established criteria; and a review of motor vehicle driving records . Beyond initial employment or assignment, all staff must sustain an acceptable record in these areas in order to maintain employment at Epiq Class Action & Claims Solutions. Independent re-verification of this information is normally completed annually, or as otherwise required by client or business demand. Additional details about this information or the reporting obtained can be obtained from the Human Resources Department at any time during the recruitment, selection or employment cycle.
Work is fast-paced and performed in an office environment with extensive contact with clients and employees. The industry we serve demands the highest level of confidentiality and professionalism in safeguarding client and project information. Highly effective Class Action & Claims Solutions and Corporate Services associates thrive on being in an environment that rewards the following critical success factors:
1. Adaptability: Appropriately reacting to changing situations without a loss of effectiveness and enthusiasm for strategic initiatives and corporate goals.
2. Analysis: Identifying problems and causes or analyzing how processes and procedures could be improved, collecting relevant information and identifying possible solutions.
3. Attention to Detail: Appropriately completing all of the individual tasks accurately or according to workflow/process guidelines with an emphasis on reaching or exceeding quality standards.
4. Creativity: Being inventive, imaginative and innovative.
5. Development of Others: Providing the means for others to grow and develop personally and professionally within and across departments.
6. Energy: Maintaining a fast, active pace in the normal course of a day.
7. Flexibility: Going into situations without preconceived notions with a willingness to assess various options in order to determine a course of action.
8. Integrity: Strict adherence to job-related standards, values or norms.
9. Learning Ability: Understanding and applying new information.
10. Listening. Hearing and comprehending verbal messages and confirming back what you hear.
11. Team Player: Functioning as an active member of a group while maintaining focus on your individual contributions and responsibilities.
12. Verbal & Written Communication: Effective oral, written and nonverbal expression without preparation.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essentials functions.
• Position requires minimal manual labor 25 lbs.
• Position does require frequent sitting.
• Position requires infrequent lifting, repetitive bending and/or moving.
• Position requires close vision, distant vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
• Position requires talking and listening to communications with clients and/or employees.