Airgas USA, LLC is hiring a Filler w/ CDL B w/ Hazmat in our King of Prussia, PA facility!
Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward?
Discover an exciting Career with Airgas! Airgas USA, LLC, an Air Liquide company, is the nation's leading single-source supplier of gases, welding, and safety products. Known locally nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise.
NATURE OF POSITION:
Responsible for filling medical, high pressure and liquid gas cylinders in compliance with federal, state, local regulations, and the standard operating procedures of Airgas. Responsible for meeting all safety standards in the filling, loading and unloading of cylinder gases per Airgas procedures.
When needed to transport cylinders, drives a vehicle loaded with compressed gas cylinders, liquid cylinders and hard goods to deliver to customers on scheduled route. Picks up empty cylinders from customer sites. Records deliveries and pick-ups on a load manifest and obtain signatures from customers for receipt purposes. Listens to and resolves service inquiries and complaints. On occasion loads/unloads truck. Performs pre & post trip vehicle inspections, documenting deficiencies and ensures all safety items are in good working order. Maintains neat, clean and professional personal appearance, and maintains vehicle appearance in a professional manner.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Inspect cylinders prior to filling, following standard procedures as required by government, Airgas, and distributor standards.
• Prepares pressure cylinders and cryogenic vessels for filling: Attaches to manifold, evacuates cylinders to eliminate all possible contaminants.
• Fills cylinders by pressure and weight, per regulations and standards.
• Manually sets calibrations to analyze selected cylinders for purity, dew point, and other required qualities.
• Conducts a variety of Safety checks per procedures, such as odor tests, checking caps and valves.
• Accurately labels cylinders.
• Completes daily fill sheets for every type of gas, as required by DOT, FDA, and Airgas.
• Completes quality control sheets as required.
• Safe operation of equipment
• Learns the hazards of various gases; size and contents of cylinders by reading and interpreting cylinder labels and the color-coding of tanks.
• Complies with all government and company standards relating to the safe handling of hazardous materials/cylinder gases.
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Complies with company and DOT guidelines and procedures relating to loading methods, loading for safety, availability of cylinders, and weight distribution.
• Ability to operate a forklift (as required)
• Must comply with safety/site work rules and regulations and housekeeping standards
• Must be able to demonstrate the capability of the testing equipment to perform the required tests to the degree of accuracy required by the regulations.
• Must be familiar with Airgas manual Section 2400 of the Fill Plant Operations Manual.
• Must be able to demonstrate the capability of the bead blasting equipment and perform an external visual inspection according to CGA pamphlet C-6.
• Must successfully meet physical exam requirements for this position, including drug screening.
• Must have a Class B Commercial Drivers' License with HAZMAT endorsement and clean MVR.
• Drives a vehicle loaded with compressed gas cylinders, liquid cylinders and hard goods to deliver to customers on scheduled route
• Safely load, deliver and unload hard goods as well as cylinders containing compressed gases; return empty cylinders to plant for refilling.
• Establish and maintain good customer relations.
• Maintain load manifests, barcodes, FDA lot numbers, and all other vehicle documents, ensuring they are properly completed and balanced with truck counts and shipping documents before and after deliveries.
• Ensure all safety rules are strictly observed and any accidents or injuries are promptly reported to management.
• Operate a pallet jack and other warehouse equipment
• Ensure full and empty cylinder counts are accurate. Investigate variances from Cycle counts and quarterly counts and work with facility to correct issues. Will assist with physical inventories.
• Enter all bulk receipts daily into SAP received from the bulk delivery driver responsible for deliveries to Airgas locations.
• Ensure product is stored in the proper location - appropriate signage needed for all products including re-test.
• Perform storage location movements as needed by ensuring that the physical location corresponds to SAP changes.
• Ensure consumption gases (propane, Nitrogen, Argon) are properly relieved from inventory on a daily basis. Establish and follow local process by creating and maintaining a daily tracking log.
• Process all locally submitted on demand cycle counts and post for the location. Review first, question if needed then approve.
• Ensure all 3rd party incoming gas purchase orders are received in every day , this includes truck reconciliation (Subcontracting PO's and MBLB movements)
• Coordinate the inventory for Cylinder and Raw counts and weekly cylinder Counts by working with the Regional Cylinder Manager and the plant management team to ensure that all counts are accurate and timely per Regional guidelines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and smell.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
• Ability to perform very heavy work-routinely lift 25 to 75 lb., and occasionally lift 76 to greater than 100 lb. Also required to push and pull liquid containers weighing up to 1000 pounds with the aid of material handling equipment.
• Frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, grasping, feeling and repetitive motion required.
• Ability to perform work during occasional climbing, balancing, kneeling, pushing, pulling, and finger activities including the tightening of ratchet binders.
• Must be able to safely drive a forklift.
• Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
• Must be able to work outdoors in temperatures ranging from -10 to over 100 degrees.
• Talk to and hear customers/co-workers as well as smell/hear leaking gas from cylinders.
The above job functions are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position and are not intended to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization .
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to read and comprehend material safety data sheets.
• Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
In lieu of the above, any equivalent combination of training and experience that provided the aforementioned knowledge, abilities and skills may be considered at the discretion of Airgas East, Inc.
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Reimbursement and much more...!
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.