About Panasonic Avionics: For over 35 years, Panasonic Avionics Corporation has led the industry in design and implementation of breakthrough In-Flight Entertainment solutions that connect the business and pleasure of flying. As part of the larger Panasonic brand, our name shows commitment and investment to improving quality of life. Headquartered in Lake Forest, California, Panasonic Avionics Corporation maintains corporate and engineering offices, field services, maintenance, and sales facilities throughout the world.
Represents Panasonic on Airbus FAL, and deals with support activities within the Airbus Business Segment (ABS). Responsible for the Total Customer Satisfaction goal in line with corporate objectives. Reports to FAL and OEM Support Director Airbus Business Segment.
- Successful system installation and delivery of Airbus aircraft from Mobile
- Assist Seat and galley/monument manufacturers for the integration of Panasonic IFE ensuring it is carried our per AI and Panasonic spec requirements
- Liaison with Airbus and customers during production, delivery and entry into service phases to ensure customer satisfaction
- Review spares planning with procurement and logistics to ensure fill rate
Process Development & Reporting
- Development and execution of departmental policies
- Report performance of Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) internally and externally System Integration
- Onsite support to Airbus, other Suppliers and other Panasonic Avionics Departments for the complete integration of IFE systems from project phase to Aircraft delivery
- Troubleshoot and work to resolve system problems occurring on aircraft; for those that cannot be cleared locally document & report them to relevant departments within Panasonic and confirm these are followed through
- Ensure replacement and shipment to repair shop of the defective part is performed in timely manner
- Provide technical guidance and assistance to Airbus and Airline in testing and operating the system, including during acceptance flights as necessary.
- Perform other tasks as required.
- Excellent communication skills to develop/express/represent the company's position and policies at within Airbus, the Airlines and other departments within the company
- High level of problem solving required. Development and implementation of creative solutions
- Ability to create and maintain a climate of collaborative management both internally and with external customers
- Ability to perform in high stress situations
- Fully conversant with Aerospace Industry standards (Airworthiness and Airbus). Confirmed knowledge of certification regulations (Part 21, Part 145, etc)
- Fully conversant with all Panasonic IFE systems
- Able to manage priorities between Panasonic and customer requirements
- High level of problem solving ability to troubleshoot systems installation
- Proactive in technical decision making
- Strong negotiation and project management skills
- Fluent in English, French or German is a plus Education/Experience Requirements:
- Degree in Engineering
- 7 years relevant experience in similar environment similar environment of Engineering, Maintenance and/or Repair Location/Division: United States;Alabama;Mobile;1854 9th St Job Requisition: 1600628
A little about us:
Our people are the driving force behind passengers’ amazing entertainment experience and customers’ robust business platform.