Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Finance, Accounting, Controlling, Tax Internship, are to:
Who you are
- Execute challenging tasks in one of the several FACT related departments that offers exposure and understanding of Bayer's financial processes and procedures to gain as much knowledge as possible in the various parts of the organization;
- Observe and work with experienced senior level staff to gain knowledge about procedures, methods and standards that are required for performing successfully within the FACT community;
- Create a foundation for effective networking and long term relationships within the Bayer FACT community;
- Provide an overview of the different areas of the FACT community in order to foster the understanding and collaboration between departments necessary to function in advanced capacities;
- Foster opportunities to be considered for future full time employment based upon individual performance within the program and business needs;
- Gain a compensation program which aligns with your educational experience.
- Report to a member of Bayer's leadership team and become actively involved in projects and initiatives that will require technical ability to understand and apply financial knowledge to a wide range of situations with varying degrees of complexity;
- Provide financial and audit support for the U.S. organization with increased responsibility and accountability;
- Participate in short term projects across the organization to better leverage capabilities and expertise of the FACT community;
- Make decisions that align with business strategy while improving quality, efficiency, and introducing cost saving ideas;
- Partner with internal and external contacts to build network and strong working relationships;
- Work with dynamic people and contribute to a changing environment.
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Enrollment in a Bachelor's degree program with a minimum completion of Sophomore year of undergraduate studies; or
- Enrollment in a Master's degree program with a minimum completion of first year of graduate studies;
- Educational experience should have focus within International Business Management, (Corporate) Finance, Accounting, Controlling, Auditing, General Management or relatable field;
- Previous internships should be at least a minimum of two (2) months in duration;
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.25 within your Bachelor/Master program;
- Must possess high level of motivation, energy, passion for excellence, self-confidence, self-starter and the ability to work independently;
- Demonstrated use of financial, operational, and business judgment and the ability to adapt to changing circumstances;
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills including an ability to interact with and establish good working relationships with diverse individuals;
- Advanced PC skills; experience with using Microsoft Office, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US.
- At least one semester of International studies abroad.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below. Country:
United States Location:
PA-Pittsburgh, NJ-Whippany, NC-Research Triangle Park
A little about us:
Why Bayer? Because we’re a pioneer in the fields of human, animal, and plant health. Because we invent solutions that will create a sustainable future for our planet. Because a career with Bayer means you can put your passion into practice and make an impact.