McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. McKesson Medical-Surgical provides medical-surgical supplies and equipment to physicians' offices, home care agencies, long-term care facilities and surgery centers. Our catalog includes more than 150,000 national brand products from bandages to exam tables, plus McKesson's own line of high-quality medical-surgical products. We're proud to be the only national distributor serving the entire continuum of healthcare.
Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson Medical-Surgical you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us improve everything we touch, from providers to payors to pharmacies. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
We are seeking a Finance Analyst – Extended Care to join our team in Richmond, VA.
This role is responsible for Extended Care customer segments planning and analysis including monthly, quarterly and year to date sales and GP performance vs prior year and plan, highlighting risk and opportunities in trends, build and present business cases, research and work as a team on business process opportunities, and other reporting & analysis as needed. Additionally this role will assist the EC Finance Manager with compensation planning and selling expense planning, forecasting, close reporting.
- Utilize standard reporting for EC customer segmentations to forecast and communicate trends, risks and opportunities. Provide actionable commentary to sales team and set up meetings to ensure results. Analysis and commentary to reflect month to date, quarter to date, and year to date results vs plan and prior year
- Assist Manager with EC Sales team compensation plans. Includes assumption and process documentation, report builds, communication with EC sales teams and Compensation. Assist with adjustment analysis and understanding/reporting large variance to plan drivers after plan is locked
- Work with Manager on Selling Expense plans, forecasting, and monthly results reporting. Includes assumption and process documentation, report builds, communication with EC sales teams
- Work within department and cross-functionally on special projects, build business cases. Create PowerPoint decks and communicate findings to senior leadership
- Work innovatively with others to improve and streamline established business processes in order to create better efficiency, forecasting accuracy, and financial results
5+ years accounting, finance, finance analytics or similar experienceCritical Skills
- 5+ years in finance, accounting, or similar experience
- 2+ years experience with forecasting, planning and subsequent variance analysis
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office (Excel- pivots, VLookups and PowerPoint)
Additional Knowledge & Skills
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Working knowledge of excel, database, and financial reporting skills
- Experience presenting financials/opportunities and recommendations to upper management
- Resourceful, well organized, highly dependable, efficient and detailed oriented
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a complex service environment
- Excellent grammar, verbal, and writing skills
- Results orientated
- Team player
Thorough knowledge of finance policies, practices and systemsEducation
MBA preferred in finance or related field or equivalent experiencePhysical Requirements
General Office DemandsBenefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.Agency Statement
No agencies please.
McKesson is in business for better health.