This role will drive and assist on all budgeting activity associated with MDP research and development activities. This will entail monthly, qtrly and annual budget reviews, weekly opex checkbook alignment and recurring meetings with the MDP operations lead and various level of mgt. The role will directly support the MDP controller in providing detailed analysis around product life cycle programs, NPV , and multiple development arrangement contracts. Main business partner with engineering management and operations lead to drive mgt to targets and help in the prioritization of the business units portfolio.
Requires in-depth knowledge and experience. Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services. Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions. Works independently, receives minimal guidance. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. Key Responsibilities
- Completes detailed analysis and commentary for finance and non finance executives
- Develops complex modeling in support of strategic plans, business sizing and performance mgmt.
- Performs required activities and analysis to complete close, flash or commit with minimal oversight on recurring tasks
- Interacts and presents analytical findings to various stakeholders. At times, may act as a direct business partner with non finance mgmt.
- Key participant or lead for system integration or process improvement initiatives
- Demonstrates conceptual and practical expertise in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; is aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small projects with manageable risks and resource requirements
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Impacts a range of customer, operational, project or service activities within own team and other related teams; works within broad guidelines and policies
- Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus
- Master's Degree
- 4 - 7 Years of Experience
- Advanced Excel skills
- Previous budget experience in a semiconductor environment a plus but not required
- Working knowledge of key financial concepts and tools such as NPV, ROI
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.