Location: Toledo, Ohio - United States Finance & Accounting Intern
Do you consider yourself to be Extraordinary Talent?
At Owens Corning you will take on a great deal of responsibility and do impactful work all while engaging in a dynamic learning experience. Interns work side by side with Owens Corning employees as team members and are expected to continuously elevate their performance and the results of the team as a whole . As an intern at Owens Corning you will be encouraged to find innovative ways to achieve results while constantly striving for improvement.Program Description:
Intern opportunities require the individual to demonstrate competence in the fields of Finance and Accounting, maintain a business perspective, be customer focused, communicate with impact and be committed to self development. Numerous intern assignments are available in areas of Tax, Treasury, Accounting, Business Unit Finance, Financial Planning and Analysis, and Controllership organizations. Interns have the opportunity to gain valuable financial, accounting and business knowledge and SAP experience while getting involved in projects that aid in enhancing their technical and analytical skills. Finance Interns are the primary source of candidates for Owens Corning's Finance & Accounting Leadership Program, a three-year rotation development program.Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrated campus or workplace leadership abilities
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated teamwork and partnership abilities
- Ability to plan, organize, and possesses time management skills
- Proficient use of MS Office (Excel and PowerPoint) suite
- Junior or Senior with a major in Finance, Accounting, Business Management, Business Administration, Economic or an equivalent field
- Cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher
- Minimum of 2 semesters of accounting and/or finance coursework completed
Location of Assignment:
- Real work experience with challenging and meaningful assignments
- Networking opportunities and exposure to senior leadership
- Formal and informal personal and professional development activities
- Opportunity to evaluate the company and be evaluated for full-time employment
- Career exploration
- Competitive compensation
- "Lunch with the Leader" forums
- Tours of a plant facility
- Project presentations to senior leadership
- Social events (Cedar Point, Toledo MudHens baseball games, etc.)
- Subsidized housing
World Headquarters in Toledo, OhioFinance & Accounting at Owens Corning:
The Finance & Accounting organization at Owens Corning has been publicly recognized by many business and management publications, including CFO Magazine and Forbes, as a world-class corporate financial organization. All members of our finance & accounting team work as partners with the other functions within the organization to achieve our operating and strategic goals.About Owens Corning
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company's market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 16,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 62 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com .
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we'll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.
Founded in 1938, Owens Corning is a market-leading innovator of glass-fiber technology