This internship position will be a part of the Finance & Accounting team. Responsible for supporting Finance & Accounting Directors in developing budgets, forecasts and providing meaningful analysis of actual results. This position will provide the intern visibility to the staff within the Finance & Accounting division as well as the operational staff across the business units. In this position, the candidate will have the opportunity to demonstrate and develop analytical skills while learning about the diverse business units within Walgreens.
Walgreens has Finance & Accounting Internship openings at our corporate office in Deerfield, IL for the following areas:
- Business Unit Finance (i.e. Pharmacy Finance, Merchandise Finance, etc.)
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Internal Audit
- Corporate Accounting
Project work will differ in each area depending on business needs, and all interns will participate in the Corporate Internship Programming.Job Responsibilities
- Provides support to the Finance Directors in the fiscal year budgeting process for the specified divisions.
- Analyzes results and develops explanations for key variances.
- Automates some of the reports within the Division.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.Basic Qualifications
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelors degree program with 2 semesters remaining upon start date.
- Majoring in Finance,Accounting, or Economics.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Experience using financial modeling skills such as determining ROIC, business analytics and problem solving.
- Possesses a GPA of 3.2.
- Experience in Retail.
- Knowledge of working in a matrix environment.
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.