Job Description As a Finance Associate, you will support the Third Party Medical Account Management team to reduce bad debt, eliminate legal risk, and help ensure compliance to all federal/state requirements and CVS Health obligations.
In this Finance Associate role, you will focus on analyzing bad debt, determining root cause and then make recommendations for process improvements with payers and/or CVS Health systems and processes. You will also perform analysis and root cause diagnosis on various Third Party activities including liabilities and remittance
Additional responsibilities of the Finance Associate include:
- Performing trend analysis on Payer exceptions, reviewing reports and current procedures, identifying issues, recommending/implementing process improvements, and ensuring compliance.
- Timely and accurate application of remittance to open deposits through manual processing of remittance files.
- Closely monitoring open deposit exceptions and contacting remittance processors, payers, and/or other internal departments to resolve issues associated with missing/incomplete remittance files.
- Coordinate files for write offs and work closely with our system partners by attending requirement meetings, reporting defects and following up on the resolution; recommending and writing change requests as well as implementing a short term solution. Required Qualifications- 1+ years of MS Office experience, either academically or professionally
Preferred Qualifications- 1 or more years (retail pharmacy, PBM, account management)
- Prior experience in collections and/or accounts receivables/payables preferred
- Good diagnostic and organizational skills with a strong attention to detail, accuracy, and follow through.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly, accurately and tactfully, both verbally, and in writing, with both internal and external business partners.
- Ability to make intelligent decisions independently and/or escalate issues, with contributing recommendations for resolution of issues/process improvements, to next level managers for resolution.
- Ability to work individually, with a team, and with their manager to systematically identify and define problems.
- Ability to receive guidance and supervision, follow instructions and procedures.
- Ability to write clear instructions for store personnel and peers to follow to minimize bad debt for future fills.
- Ability to identify preventive solutions to be administered during the fill process to reduce denied claims.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly, accurately and tactfully, both verbally and in writing
- Flexibility to adapt to a changing environment, quickly making sound decisions
- Ability to work individually or with a team with supervision
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, accuracy and follow through
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Access and Outlook)
- Knowledge of medical billing and/or Medicare Part B Policy and Regulations
- Ability to work in strict confidence, ensuring the confidentiality of the patient and medical and financial records, at all times, in compliance with the company and HIPAA Privacy guidelines.
- Ability to complete routinely assigned work based on productivity standards using strong problem solving skills Education- High School Diploma or Verifiable GED required. Bachelors Degree preferred.
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/