Finance Business Partner, Oracle DataCloud
Posted: September 30, 2016
Reference ID: 160011ZN
We are currently adding a Senior Financial Analyst position to be Finance Business Partner to Oracle Data Cloud business.
As a member of Oracle's Global Business Finance organization, you will provide financial analysis and guidance to a Business Unit or Finance Function. This includes revenue reporting, pipeline review, modeling and forecasting. Responsibility extends to Quarterly Business Review preparation and financial updates to senior management. Additionally responsible for oversight of OPEX/CAPEX management and offshore finance support.
• Provide Finance support to Oracle Data Cloud business unit through Cloud Bookings (New and Renewal), Royalty cost of goods analysis, revenue reporting, OPEX and headcount reporting, and preparing forecasts and budget.
• Closely partner with Sales, operations, HR, sales programs and other business partner teams on financial aspects of sales model changes, sales compensation, acquisitions, business practices, revenue recognition, etc.
• Understand the upside and risk potential in the forecasts and help to manage the numbers effectively at the total global level.
• Reporting and Analysis: Work with both operations and business management to identify and track appropriate performance measures, key performance indicators and associated drivers. Be proactive in reviewing information identifying inconsistencies, trends and issues for management. Drives consistent processes and standard formats.
• Support the annual budget process for all business units across a global organization, providing standard models, guidance on targets and coordinating reviews
• Prepare financial information and analysis for Quarterly Business Reviews. Communicate to business management and Finance lead, areas of concern and actions required to meet financial commitments.
• Drive automation of reporting across all business groups.
PERSONAL AND INTERPERSONAL COMPETENCIES
• Able to build trust and credibility between finance and the management team
• Take personal ownership for the achievement of agreed goals
• Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the company and make presentations to senior management
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong spreadsheet, financial systems and database skills
• Ability to manage processes, and identify cross-functional issues
• Excellent written/verbal communication skills
• 4 years relevant experience
• BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance, MBA preferred
***All Qualifications are preferred****
Financial support to business areas through financial analysis, budgeting, planning and forecasting; to facilitate decision making and future business strategies.
As a member of Oracle*s finance organization, you will be responsible for providing all aspects of financial support for planning and control. Assist in consolidation and reporting of financial results; preparation of annual budget. Gather, model, analyze, prepare, and summarize information for financial plans, operating forecasts, trended future specifications, etc.; on a weekly, monthly, or quarterly basis. Prepares recommendations based on analyzes. May perform revenue and expense analysis, headcount and headcount driven expense analysis at cost center level, tracking of product and product line revenue, reconciliation of accounts receivable, variance analysis and ad-hoc analysis as needed. You may participate in cross functional programs and projects.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. Strong spreadsheet skill and proficiency in Oracle Financials. Strong written and oral communication skill. Ability to work under tight deadlines. Self starter able to prioritize given responsibilities. 5 years relevant work experience. BS/BA in Accounting/Finance preferred. CPA/MBA desired.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.