The Vehicle Group Headquarters in Galesburg, MI is looking for a Finance Co-op for Spring 2018.
Co-ops will be assigned to one of three departments with the opportunity to rotate to a different department at the end of the term based on department needs. The three departments include Headquarters Accounting, Credit and Collections, and Manufacturing Finance.
- In the Headquarters Accounting group, the co-op will audit activity center and account usage to be sure that they align properly to the Global Chart of Accounts, assist the Vehicle Group Headquarters and North America Region analysts with the month-end close and forecast processes, and standardize and improve the reporting used by Vehicle Group Headquarters and North America Regional Headquarters.
- In the Credit and Collections group, the co-op will be responsible for performing formal credit review and analysis, collection of invoices within payment terms, timely resolution of deductions, and monthly reporting and analysis on DSO.
- In the Manufacturing Finance group, the co-op will support the month-end and rolling forecast consolidation and reporting requirements for the Vehicle Group North America business, which consists of 13 manufacturing sites and numerous other ledgers.
- Actively enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program in Accounting or Finance
- This position does not offer relocation. Must reside within 50 miles of Galesburg, MI
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above (please do not round)
- Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship now or in the future
- Focused attention to detail and sound analytical skills
- Able to see detail and big picture so that resulting communications and reports describe key risks, drivers, and details. Reports and communications are prepared and presented in a manner consistent with previously reported data.
- Process improvement advocate
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Solid foundation in GAAP practices
- Experience with both Accounts Payable and General Ledger/Accruals & Capital depreciation
- Team-oriented, flexible, must be able to work closely with all levels of management.
- Ability to communicate effectively with financial and non-financial colleagues to drive business partnering relationship at multiple levels of the organization
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No