McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. McKesson Medical-Surgical provides medical-surgical supplies and equipment to physicians' offices, home care agencies, long-term care facilities and surgery centers. Our catalog includes more than 150,000 national brand products from bandages to exam tables, plus McKesson's own line of high-quality medical-surgical products. We're proud to be the only national distributor serving the entire continuum of healthcare.
Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson Medical-Surgical you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us improve everything we touch, from providers to payors to pharmacies. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
McKesson is hiring a Finance Director, Customer Profitability in Richmond, VA.Position Description
Responsible for managing, preparing, administering, and directing the control of the budget. Manages the activities of the financial analyst staff. Reviews and approves recommendations for financial planning and control. Monitors division and department adherence to approved budget.
Direct Large Customer & GPO Profitability Analysis for Primary Care, Extended Care, & Lab including managing the customer Return On Investment / customer profitability process. To do this, the team will work with cross-functional business partners to run analysis, make recommendations, investigate issues & drive resolution while building and maintaining the necessary tools and preparing executive presentations which highlight trends, risks and opportunities to drive revenue growth and optimize profitability. This individual will also assist business management in areas of financial support including identifying & executing projects to drive revenue growth and optimize profitability.
- Direct Return On Investment / Customer Profitability Analysis including partnering with cross-functional teams to run large customer pricing analysis including estimating Operating Profit and ROI of the deal. Work with Marketing and Corporate Strategy and Business Development to understand market dynamics and how they may impact deals.
- Meetings with various business partners to provide financial updates (large customer trends for forecasting & planning), discuss business trends, and future direction of the business including strategic initiatives to drive revenue growth and optimize profitability
- Prepare executive presentations on trends including: how customers are performing vs estimated ROI, top customers, and win/loss results including renewals, new business, and penetration opportunities noting primary competitor. Overall, highlighting risks, opportunities, and strategic recommendations.
- Drive continuous process improvements
- People Management
- 5+ years finance or accounting experience including 2+ years managerial experience
- Understanding of financial P&L and levers
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a complex service environment
- Executive level presentation skills (Power Point)
- Experience conceptualizing, proposing and executing financial strategy
Physical RequirementsBenefits & Company Statement
- MBA preferred in finance or related field or equivalent experience
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.Agency Statement
No agencies please.