Johnson & Johnson is recruiting a Finance Director – Global FP&A to be based in Raritan, NJ.
With $71.9 billion in 2016 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
The Finance Director, Global FP&A provides an opportunity to provide financial leadership on the global Strategic Option Review of a highly complex global project ensuring alignment with J & J‘s strategy and goals in the areas of audit, diligence and FP&A Day Reporting. He/she will lead a team that will compile global financial documents data for the auditors to review, build financial statements, assess and challenge allocations, suggest alternatives more aligned with the respective business, and prepare and analyze diligence and data room schedules. He/she will be responsible for the Financial Planning and Analysis (Actual and Forecasting) of the Day 2 Countries during transition. The role provides a great opportunity to gain project management experience. Key experiences will be exposure to various aspects of the respective business and personnel within Johnson & Johnson (J & J), corporate and business functions, and the opportunity to work with internal and external professionals and experts.
- Work closely with Business Development, Finance Management and Functional leaders across the Strategic Options process through transition.
- Individual will Collaborate closely with the Senior Director Finance & Business Operations JJDCC and Senior Director of Acquisitions & Divestiture Operations and will sit on the Core Leadership team with responsibilities for Executive level framing and coordination of Financial business information for Management, Auditors, Data room for potential bidders
- Lead preparation of financial statements, footnotes & analytics utilizing appropriate controls and processes in accordance with WWP and GAAP, including appropriate policy memos and documentation.
- Key liaison with Auditors on audit matters and review procedures on Financial statements, balance sheet accounts, fluctuations, memos, analytics, etc.
- Preparation of fluctuations of all financial statement areas; run Financial Statement review process for management and with Auditor.
- Preparation, review and frame of Income and Balance Sheet flux analyses (content compilation, validation and presentations to Management and Auditor)
- Manage key audit work streams such as – AR, AP, PPDs, Accruals, Debt, parent equity), LE/ MRC tie outs, Inter-Company and Allocations
- Provide overall Finance leadership and backup to Business Finance Leader and represent the business results and activities internally and externally.
- During the transition provide business partnering to the Commercial leader of the Day 2 businesses.
- Manage the business financially through transition period by providing accurate, timely and insightful financial analysis and reporting of the Day 2 Actual and Forecast reporting process, Net Economic Benefit calculations
- Drive accountability to ensure delivering project specific financial commitments and outcomes, including managing timeline, process and activities
- Collaborate with internal (Center of Excellence (COE’s) Business Development, Corporate, Supply Chain, IT, HR, Business Unit Finance) and external partners in order to evaluate and compile both audit based as well as deal based financial documents.
- Work with relevant J&J COE’s and business in order to determine proper allocation methodologies of expenses for carved out financial statements
- Support the preparation of financial qualitative and quantitative diligence materials and analytics. Present financial diligence information to Team & Mgt for alignment and to bidders.
- Direct and manage team of 2 Managers and as well as oversight of 3rd party advisors & consultants within a deal based finance project team.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required, preferably in Accounting or Finance
- MBA or Master’s degree is preferred
- CPA, CMA or CFA is preferred
- A minimum of 10 years of finance/accounting experience is required with heavy exposure to financial systems, reporting and analyzing a complex WW business.
- Strong influencing and collaboration skills required; this position partners with multiple stakeholders across the enterprise and outside parties and must work effectively within a matrix environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills capable of framing out issues/opportunities and driving decisive management action towards addressing are required
- Comprehensive understanding of GAAP and familiarity with SEC reporting and strong financial acumen are preferred
- Ability to lead, collaborate, challenge and influence peers, subordinates and senior management is required
- Ability to work in a matrix environment required
- Strategic mindset and previous deal experience in acquisitions, divestitures, and carve-out audits, preparation of diligence / data room materials, or separation preferred
- Competency in project planning and problem solving is required
- Experience in data modeling, cash flow forecasting are strongly preferred.
- Ability to lead a diverse group of both internal and external partners in an ambiguous environment in order to deliver carved out financial documents and diligence under tight timelines preferred
- This position will be based in Raritan, NJ
- This position requires up to 20% domestic and international travel
United States-New Jersey-RaritanOrganization
Lifescan Inc. (6097)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.