Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is currently recruiting for a Finance Director – Integration & Transition Finance Lead in Raritan, NJ.
With $70.4 billion in 2015 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
The Finance Director, Financial Integration & Transition Mgmt reports to the CFO / Vice President of Finance, for Acquisitions & Divestiture Operations and has global financial responsibility for an A&D project(s) within the A&D portfolio, inclusive of the leadership, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of large-scale or highly complex global transactions ensuring alignment with the company’s transactional strategy, commitments and goals.
He/she will partner across the J&J enterprise with Business Development leadership, CoP leaders of the Functions, Functional Project Managers, Sector Business Leadership and external buyers and sellers to drive end-to-end financial management and solutions to affect successful project delivery and value creation. Additionally, he/she is responsible for financial controls and processes surrounding transactions will need to executed with compliance and integrity. He/she will also have a team of three finance professionals (2 managers and 1 Senior/FLDP Analyst), as well as oversight of 3rd party advisors & consultants within a deal based finance project team.
- He/she will provide financial direction and discipline as well as objective overall business leadership to the business development deal team as well as the following:
- Ensure financial objective and results are appropriately linked to the goals within the business development area.
- Ensure effective change and risk management of project plans are translated into financial changes and implications
- Drive accountability to ensure delivering project specific financial commitments and outcomes
- Define, Analyze, Coordination, Influence, Communication of financial separation and integration strategies
- He/she will lead carve out processes to compile financial documents data for auditors / buyers to review, inclusive of the leading and preparing financial diligence and data room schedules. He/she will have leadership of the divestiture consolidation tool with external consultants.
- Leadership in framing financial information for external users as well as input to legal documents such as the financial tenants of the SAPA/APA, TSA, TMA.
- Define “Current State: financial operating models/processes and develop “To Be” transition/integration financial models/processes in collaboration with external buyers/sellers
- Leadership of the implementation of the future state finance operating model across the finance community.
- Develop closing and cutover strategies to ensure business continuity for all financial process, controls and reporting.
- Support the development & adherence of financial contractual commitments (APA/SAPA / Net Economic Benefit)
- Project mgmt and leadership of key financial processes (AtR; PtP; OtC; Employee related)
- Develop, negotiate, execute and oversight of Transitional Service Agreements and Manufacturing Agreements related to financial commitments
- Provide financial visibility to stranded/residual costs
- Financial oversight and application of all deal accounting in accordance with WWP and within alignment with PwC
- Quarterly financial reporting, monthly tracking, summaries by region and category to buyers
- Global partnership with regional financial leadership teams, inclusive of external buyers and sellers financial leadership teams
- Financial management of transactions post Day 1 close between buyer and J&J
- Identify and frame critical performance indicators and issues for Global PMO and GOC
- Collaborate w/ Corporate Consolidations, Group Finance, Regions, CIA and PwC/E&Y
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s level degree in either Accounting or, Finance or Economics is required
- A CPA, CMA, or MBA is preferred.
- Minimum of 10 or more years of finance/accounting experience with a heavy exposure to financial systems, reporting and consolidations required
- Experience with Project Management Office and interaction with outside consultants preferred
- Experience managing large, global finance teams (ex, 10-15 people) is required
- Ability to lead, collaborate, challenge and influence peers, subordinates and senior management is required
- Ability to facilitate a discussion, progress effectively, and manage audience as needed (internally and externally) is required
- Ability to supervise and manage day-to-day activities of finance resources within a matrix project team is required.
- Must be self-accountable for flawless project execution
- Demonstrated clear bias for action and a sense of urgency is required.
- Superior team work as well as demonstrated experience in building collaboration are required
- Maintain an enterprise perspective while overseeing significant amounts of details.
- Approximately 10-20% of travel required (Domestic and Global) dependent on deal characteristics
- Experience working on acquisitions and divestitures strongly preferred and/or core financial knowledge and business leadership experience partnering with Business Development, Legal, Commercial (S&M), R&D, and Supply Chain is preferred
- Financial management for project budget is +$20 MM; and understanding of large scale ERP (SAP/JDE) systems preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills capable of framing out issues/opportunities and driving decisive management action towards addressing them required
- Ability to anticipate and proactively address challenges and recommend alternative options required
United States-New Jersey-RaritanOrganization
Johnson & Johnson (6067)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.