Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Finance Director – Transactional Carve-Out and Financial Due Diligence Lead located in Raritan, NJ.
Caring for the world one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for 130 years. We embrace research and science, bringing innovative ideas, products, and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. With $71.9 billion in 2016 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. With more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies that employ approximately 126,500 people work with partners in health care to make a difference in the lives of over a billion people throughout the world.
We're looking for leaders to bring health care solutions to our customers and communities in virtually every corner of the world…leaders to nurture and inspire others…leaders who are committed to making a difference…individuals with strong character and proven competencies needed to become tomorrow's leaders in a global environment. Our business principles are embodied in Our Credo, a respected, legendary value statement that has guided our Family of Companies for 60 years.
The Finance Director – Transactional Carve-Out and Financial Due Diligence Lead, reports to the CFO/Vice President of Finance for Acquisitions and Divestiture Operations and has global financial responsibility for an A&D project(s) within the A&D portfolio, inclusive of leading the end to end process for the development of carve-out financial statements, sell-side financial due diligence, and accounting advisory support to represent carve outs to strategic and private equity investors/asset based lenders.
He/she will partner across the J&J enterprise with business development leadership, CoP leaders of the functions, functional project managers, sector business leadership and external buyers and sellers to drive end-to-end financial management and solutions to effect value creation and successful project delivery. He/she is responsible for financial controls and processes surrounding transactions require execution with compliance and integrity. He/she is responsible for managing six finance professionals (4 managers and 2 senior/FLDP Analyst), as well as oversee 3rd party advisors and consultants within a deal-based finance project team.
He/she will provide financial process management and fact based analytics to partner with business development to deliver audit and deal basis financials as well as the following:
• Provide financial process leadership in buy-side and sell-side A&D transactions, offering financial due diligence assistance and accounting advisory support relating to carve-outs, restructuring implications, quality of earnings adjustments, and working capital analytics.
• Provide end-to-end process and system ownership of the carve-out audit and financial statements
• Apply corporate finance expertise in the development of corporate related allocations and residuals
• Act as financing assistance liaison; advise on financial reporting obligations and contractual terms and conditions
• Analyze and synthesize target company data to identify historical / projected financial and operating trends, quality of earnings, working capital parameters, and potential liabilities and risks which impact valuation, and ultimately negotiating posture, towards the target company
• Design transaction financial reports tailored to reflect consideration of key issues such as normalized earnings, valuation model input assumptions, indebtedness, borrowing base calculations, and/or related party implications and carve-out financial statements
• Ensure financial objectives and results are appropriately linked to the goals of the businesses deal strategy.
• Ensure effective change and risk management of project plans are translated into financial changes and implications
• Drive accountability to ensure delivery of project-specific financial commitments and outcomes
He/she will also have financial leadership to build, analyze financial/operational results of targets through the development of carve out financials (Audited and Deal Basis Financials). He/she also has the following responsibilities:
• Lead carve-out processes to compile financial analysis and reporting for auditor/buyer review, including process leadership of financial diligence preparation and data room scheduling.
• Lead the divestiture financial consolidation tool with external consultants.
• Lead financial information framing for external users, as well as input to legal documents, such as the financial tenets of the SAPA/APA, TSA, TMA.
• Provide financial oversight and application of carve-out accounting methodologies consistent with WWP and in alignment with independent auditors.
• Embrace global partnership with regional financial leadership teams, as well as with external buyer/seller financial leadership teams
• Identify and frame critical performance indicators and issues for Global PMO and GOC
• Collaborate w/corporate consolidations, group finance, regions, CIA and PwC/E&Y
He/she will demonstrate the following leadership & management behavioral competencies:
• Demonstrate track record of attention to detail, time management and prioritization skills
• Must have strong technical financial skills and a comprehensive understanding of accounting, public accounting, GAAP, PCAOB standards and SEC regulations
• Ability to provide sound business judgment, strategic thinking, and broad financial and business perspective across the organization
• A strong and engaging presence, inspiring a spirit of cooperation and a sense of purpose
• Strong communication skills as demonstrated through crisp writing, speaking and thinking and proven experience interacting with senior management
• Experience managing large teams, in a matrix environment (e.g. 10-15 people).
• Proven track record in talent development as a strong people leader, recruiter, and coach
• Demonstrate a positive and enthusiastic attitude and are able to work efficiently under pressure.
• Ability to partner with other finance leaders to understand different businesses (activity, customer, transaction and physical flows) within J&J, as well as Center of Excellence Structure to gain knowledge of business flows and allocations.
• Ability to influence and lead both internal and external partners in an ambiguous environment in order to deliver required financial materials and diligence under tight timelinesQualifications
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required
• A major in Accounting or Finance is preferred
• An MBA or Master’s degree is a plus
• A minimum of eight years of experience in Finance or Accounting is required
• Prior experience in the following is preferred: systems, project management, integrations, divestitures, supply chain finance, commercial finance, and/or related experience
• Certified Public Accountant strongly preferred
• CMA or CFA preferred
• Prior people management experiences preferred
• Prior project management experiences preferred
• Transactional carve-out experience and due diligence experiences are preferred
• Progressive experience working in public accounting or SEC reporting experience is preferred
• Comprehensive understanding of worldwide financial and accounting procedures is preferred
• Experience in a large complex ERP environment is a plus (such as SAP or Oracle)
• Must have a working knowledge of the complexities of a large global company and ability to operate within a matrix environment
• Demonstrated strategic perspective, yet driven to analyze the details.
• Ability to meet strict deadlines in compressed time periods
• Strong analytical and communication skills
• Up to 15% travel is required
• The position is based in Raritan, New Jersey.
United States-New Jersey-RaritanOrganization
Johnson & Johnson (6067)Job Function