Join Schneider Electric and power your career!
Discover the opportunity to be an intern in an international, dynamic, and responsible company that fosters the development of all its people around the world. Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers.
Schneider Electric’s Information Technology Division (ITD) is seeking a Finance intern to develop sales analytical tools and help build a comprehensive framework to improve sales forecasts.
In this internship position, you will work with the Financial Planning & Analysis team, under the supervision of ITD Revenue Process Manager.
This opening will involve extensive collaborations with worldwide and regional product te ams and the Divisional Strategy and Marketing teams. The position will be based in West Kingston, Rhode Island. Role Responsibilities
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
· Supporting the development of a best in class financial analytic tool
· Ensuring the accuracy of orders and sales data, including at a granular level
· Assisting in analyzing forecasted expectations against actual results and market projections
· Monitoring key internal drivers and their impacts on business performance and on the forecast
· Working with regional teams to improve large projects tracking
· Developing and implementing metrics for external market analysis
· Collaborating with ITD Marketing and Strategy teams to identify disruptive market trends and help to evaluate the impact on ITD’s financial KPI
· Applying financial rigor and discipline and ensure maximum support to finance team and to the revenue manager to streamline decision making.
Ideally, we would like a candidate pursuing a MBA with 1 or 2 years of relevant working experience in corporate finance or accounting. You also should have a demonstrable interest in quantitative analysis. Qualifications:
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- Good teamwork skills while being proficient at working independently and driving projects to their conclusion
- Statistical mindset; exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and proficiency with handling large sets of data
- Ability to follow instructions while being proactive and able to demonstrate initiative and drive
- Confidence, adaptability and resilience in the face of challenging situations and a fast-paced environment.
- Interest in Finance, Marketing and Economics