About the company
A career at the company offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, the company colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. the company, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
This position reports directly to the Sr Manager, Global Operations Finance, and will provide business partner and financial support to the Global Operations division. This includes month-end close, budgeting, and forecasting. The scope includes a total operating budget of over $750M, as well as restructuring and capital charges.
The role demands an individual who is capable of driving efficiency through continuous improvement of process and procedure while working in a complex, global, matrix environment and managing competing deadlines and priorities. Candidates should be able to interact with and influence all levels of management to ensure all financial and operational targets are achieved.
• Ensure quality, accuracy and timeliness of the month-end close, monthly reports, accruals, balance sheet reviews, forecasts and the annual budget / operating plan preparation.
• Lead development of monthly financial reports for management, explaining material variances from budget and prior forecast. Prepare and present business results, financial projections and analyses to support the clients' financial and operational objectives
• Monitor, track and proactively report business performance, identifying issues, opportunities and challenges. Candidate should be able to propose solutions once issues are identified.
• Develop and communicate key financial performance indicators.
• Assist in the development of strategies to ensure clients meet or exceed their financial commitments and utilize their resources in the most efficient manner possible.
• Responsible for identifying areas of opportunity for improvement in process, and implementing the methodologies that drive positive change. Lead change initiatives within the team and foster a culture of continuous improvement.
• Provide financial support for GO Asset Retirement Obligations
• Complete quarterly and annual disclosures and memos to the Controllers division
• Maintain Global GO cost center hierarchy and chart of accounts
• Ensure all GO financial reported numbers reconcile to HFM. Investigate and resolve any variance globally working with appropriate business/operational colleagues.
• Assist the GO Finance Strategic Projects lead with support for key business objectives and projects.
• Lead the forecasting and budgeting process, ensuring that all submissions are made and consolidated for review. Develop templates to be used in the data collection/consolidation process.
• Maintain and communicate key financial timelines to GO operational analysts such as close schedules, availability of financial reports, and budget and forecast timelines.
• Coordinate the data gathering, model building, and analysis for various company-wide initiatives and other projects/assignments as directed by Senior Manager, EF Finance - Global Operations
• Assist in preparation for forecast/budget review meetings with senior leadership and provide any necessary analytics to supplement those reviews. Monitor forecast/budget sensitivities and post-review adjustments to ensure that the final estimates incorporate decisions/guidance from forecast meetings.
• Drive and cultivate collaborative relationships with clients and other finance business partners to facilitate an understanding of key business drivers.
• Develop presentation materials for senior leadership
• Enhance operating efficiency as a member of the Global Operations Finance team, sharing best practices, and leveraging experience and knowledge.
• Create budgets, forecasts and reporting to clients that is always timely, reliable, focused and relevant for decision making.
• Guide, consult and challenge the business to make economical and value creating decisions
• Identify and support finance continuous improvement initiatives that enhance the effectiveness of the finance function and improve business efficiency, partnering and financial operations.
• Ensure an effective internal control environment, compliance with GAAP and corporate policies, and provide support for regular internal and external audits.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
• MBA or CPA preferred
• 5 - 10 years in a customer facing finance role, which could include FP&A
• Expertise in accounting and business finance, including budgeting, forecasting, financial modeling, template creation, planning and analysis
• Knowledge of SAP, SAP BI, and Business Objects strongly preferred
• Advanced Excel including pivot tables, v-lookups, macros, etc.
• Expertise in financial analysis, budgeting, forecasting, modeling and planning
• Must have strong analytical, interpersonal and communications skills, including the ability to clearly link financial results to operational performance drivers
• Strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and deadlines in a time sensitive environment.
• Must be able to clearly communicate complex financial information in an easy to understand manner
• Ability to challenge assumptions and engage in active, respectful conversations with colleagues and management regarding possible improvements and changes to the status quo.
• Proven ability to work across organizations and regions, influencing change and delivering results.
Other Information - Internal
Colleagues who are issued an Incident Final Warning (IFW) on or after January 1, 2016, are not eligible to post and compete for a position for a period of 12-months from the date an IFW is issued.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
the company is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. the company also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. the company is an E-Verify employer.
A little about us:
Join Pfizer in our mission to find sustainable solutions to the most urgent health care challenges of our time. Your service is needed.