Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a Finance Manager, Acquisition & Divestiture Operations to be located at Raritan, NJ.
is a globally respected acquirer of companies, technologies and assets.
We also have a disciplined portfolio management strategy which results in a
number of divestitures each year. Acquisition and Divestiture targets and
strategies are developed within our Business groups. The Business Development
team is supporting through Acquisition & Divestiture Operations (A&D)
with regard to Integrations and Divestitures to ensure overall Enterprise
effectiveness and efficiency. The Finance Operations team has a competency in
managing Divestitures from identification to full separation from the business,
including preparing for value, financial audits, diligence, separation
planning, and Transition Services Agreement (TSA) development and
This Finance Manager, Acquisition & Divestiture Operations provides an opportunity to contribute to projects in financial deal evaluation, through audits, diligence, and separation and integration planning. He/she will own sub-processes to compile financial documents & data for the auditors to review, challenge allocations, suggest alternatives more aligned with the respective business, and analyze diligence schedules, as well as input to legal documents such as the financial tenants of the Asset Purchase Agreement, TSA, and Transition Manufacturing Agreement. It provides a great opportunity to gain project management experience by leading aspects of the financial divestiture of a business. Key experiences will be exposure to various aspects of the respective business and personnel within all three sectors of Johnson & Johnson (J & J), other corporate functions (Consolidations, Financial Systems, Treasury, Groups) and the opportunity to work with internal and external professionals and experts while evaluating strategic alternatives. This is a unique opportunity within J & J. This position reports to the Senior Director, A&D Operations.
This Finance Manager, Acquisition & Divestiture Operations will have the following responsibilities:• Influence the data gathering and compilation of externally reported carved-out financial documents used to support future divestitures of brands or businesses across all three sectors of Johnson & Johnson.
• Support the overall timeline, process and activities. Coordinate collection of relevant data to support carved out financial documents and diligence for local MRC’s to enable compilation of financial documents.
• Build relationships across global J&J in order collect relevant business and financial information including, but not limited to Commercial, Supply Chain, Corporate Expenses, & IT.
• Collaborate with internal (Center of Excellence (COE’s) Business Development, Business Unit Finance) and external cross functional partners in order to evaluate the respective business to compile both audit based as well as deal based financial documents.
• Work with relevant J&J COE’s and business in order to determine proper allocation methodologies of expenses for carved out financial statements and stand-alone / stand up analyses.
• Work with affiliates to propose audit and diligence adjustments to the financials. Support the establishment of standardized processes and procedures for A&D.
Share Best practices with different groups
value framing, separation planning for close, TSA/TMA design, and documentation
• Lead the building and testing of the consolidation tools for audits, diligence and other deal work.
• Lead future enhancements, next generations and potentially internal model build.
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required, preferably in finance or accounting
• Advanced degree strong preferred (MBA or Masters).
• A CPA, CMA or CFA are preferred.
• A minimum of 5 years of finance/accounting experience is required.
• Influencing and collaboration skills required
• Good communication and framing skills required
• Must have comprehensive understanding of technical accounting and financial reporting
• GAAP and familiarity with SEC reporting is a plus.
• Experience with general ledger or consolidated reporting required
• Previous deal experience in Acquisitions, divestitures, carve out audits, preparation of diligence / data room materials, or separation / integration is preferred.
• Competency in project planning and problem solving is required.
• Experience/some expertise in accounting, data simulation, modeling, cash flow forecasting, as well as strong finance analytical and technical skills are strongly preferred.
• Ability to partner with other finance leaders to understand different businesses (activity, customer, transaction and physical flows) as well as Center of Excellence Structure to gain knowledge of business flows and allocations required.
• Ability to act as a work-stream lead for sub-processes which may include a diverse group of both internal and external partners under tight timelines required.
•Ability to influence outcomes and drive best practices with peers
• The role will be located at Raritan, NJ
• 10-15% travel (domestic or international) is required.