Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
The Assistant Vice President, Finance Specialist will be a critical contributor to the team providing analytical support for all SSGA reporting (across regions, business, channels), strategic decisions. The candidate will also advance key expense analytics for executive management, and develop/assist in developing critical financial models.
As a key member of the finance team, the successful candidate will be comfortable interfacing and presenting to management and the finance team within line of business. The position is a key hire, as SSgA Finance continues to build-out its financial modelling and FP&A capabilities, in support of better decision making, and evaluating opportunities to improve the organizations' overall profitability.
The candidate would ideally have relevant industry background in a complex global asset management firm. The position requires excellent analytical, research and financial modeling ability, coupled with strong communication and time management skills. The incumbent should be a self-starter and have a mastery of Microsoft Excel and data manipulation, and a strong background in financial analysis and modeling. Experience with offshore team a plus.
- FP&A's principal role will be the development, production and oversight of the financial reporting process and the related analysis including:
o Support all financial reporting efforts supporting SSGA CEO, CFO and EMG, Corporate BOD, EDS, Accounting and other groups
o Development of financial analytics models and standard commentary platforms for BU teams
o Prepare SSGA and BU teams for monthly forecast, independently assess feasibility of financial results and collaborate on the optimal projection
o Supervise and training India Team (Bangalore) in consolidation and production of majority of analytics
o Advance expense analysis at the group level and delegate best practices to regions
o Developing process controls and checks to ensure accuracy of model results, and maintain hierarchy
- Support the development of newly established Total Compensation dataset.
- Support overall revenue and sales analytics performed by the FP&A team.
- Contribute in development of data visualization (i.e. Tableau, Spotfire) tools for BU and Senior Management.
- Play supporting role in SSGA Finance efforts to develop multi-year financial model, critical for strategic decision making, including CCAR
- Compiles ad-hoc reporting and completes special projects as assigned;
- Assists SSGA Finance in building a culture of continuous improvement - critically examines and assesses reporting practices and suggests improvements wherever necessary.
• 4-6+ years of experience in financial and business analysis, preferably in an asset management firm.
• Advanced level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite; particularly Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with Access, Longview, Cognos, Essbase, and Oracle a plus.
• Expert level of Microsoft Excel proficiency preferred, including vlookups, pivot tables, advanced graphing, data manipulation, and advanced template construction, etc.
• Exhibits exceptional standard of quality, attention to detail, organization, problem solving, strong reasoning and analytical skills. Comfortable performing manual ad-hoc analyses, reconciliations, and reporting, often under short deadlines. Willingness to be hands-on for most projects and deliverables
• Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity, and to perform in a complex, cross-functional, and dynamic environment that is under constant change. May include training and partnering with offshore production team.
• Has a strong commercial sense of the financial services industry; regulatory experience is preferred.
• Candidate needs to be a strong team player, self-starter who approaches work enthusiastically, demonstrates initiative and has the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Strong oral and written communication skills; comfortable presenting results and key themes to senior and executive management.
Job Opening ID
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.