Additional Location(s) or Information: Research Triangle Park
Job Category: Finance
Level of Experience: Experienced - Manager
Requisition #: R1022549
Finance Manager - Deferrals and Revenue Adjustments
What You'll Do
You will be in a highly visible position which will require a combination of communication, problem solving, forecast modeling and finance acumen in order to achieve success. You will work closely with the regions at all levels and develop advanced forecast models to better align the Net Deferrals with their business drivers.
Key responsibilities include:
• Lead the forecasting, reporting and analysis of the WW Revenue Adjustments to in to include Pricing Drivers, Rebates and Net Deferrals of Specific Deals
• Drive the process across the regions and ensure strong communication between SSF and RAO for accurate forecasting and assessment of deal specific impacts on the balance sheet and P&L.
• Consolidate and assess the WW impact of regional forecasts including large deals and normalized business - Judge as needed to ensure overall accuracy of revenue and margin.
• Drive continual improvements and discipline in the process and tools - Including training and post mortem reviews.
• Develop, working with IT Finance, advanced forecast modeling using statistical multiple regression analysis - currently underway with more areas to address including Deferred COGS, Revenue Transfers and Rebates.
• Drive the quarter end process to identify large pending E-Delivery deals, ensuring 100% identification and proper assessment into the current revenue and margin forecast.
• COE and CFA reporting management - Drive the transfer of standard reports to COE. Work with COE to move, where feasible, reporting to CFA.
• Improve the monthly forecast integrity of revenue and COGS elements impacting the accuracy and assessment of the region GM forecasts.
• Investigate and work to reduce/eliminate the variance between the Revenue Standard Margin and the Bookings Standard Margin.
Who You'll Work WithParagraph Format
Your team has a worldwide scope working closely with the finance teams across the globe as a business partner supporting sales. In this role, you'll also work closely with Corporate Finance, Revenue Accounting, and Supply Chain Finance.
Who You AreParagraph Format
You are a Finance Manager with proven thought leadership in developing new or improved processes and tools. You own strong analytical skills with ability to uncover the business drivers behind key financial variances. You also have a good grasp of Software Revenue Recognition accounting guidance, especially SOP 97-2 and EITF 08-1. Finally, you are an exceptional communicator, both written and verbal, and are highly self-motivated and organized.
Our minimum requirements for this role:
• Degree in Finance or Accounting, MBA a plus.
• 5-10 years of related finance experience. Including strong communication and teaming skills, and advanced analytical/modeling skills
• Highly fluent in Excel, PowerPoint, and various financial systems
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
#Cisco #Jobs #Finance #Accounting #MBA
Keywords: Profitability, Productivity, Financial Analysis, Financial Forecasting, Financial Results, Statistical Analysis, Financial Modeling, Analytics, Business Drivers, Financial Variances, Implementing Improvements, Improving Processes, Aligning Organizations
Job Type: Manager
Opportunity Category: *None
A little about us:
We are one, big, techie, employee tribe that changes the world while having fun.