Major Activites & Key Challenges
- This role exits within the Finance Management Services team who supports the Corporate Resource Units with operating budgets, leading analyis for strategic/financial demands and functions as the finance business partner to the Resource Unit leadership team.
- The primary function of the Finance Manager is to provide leadership in establishing, executing and reporting progress against both tactical and strategic direction for the Resource unit including financial metrics and other KPIs.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Education
- Analyzing and presenting spending and productivity data that will drive actionable results from the organization
- This position is very visible to Resource Unit leadership and will drive decisions through robust and rigorous financial analysis to drive productivity gains and support Resource Unit initiatives
- Ensure resources and budgets are aligned with initiatives. Assist the leaders to understand any deviations to their operating budgets and expectations
- Create executive level presentations around initiatives and performance of the organization
- Provide a robust charge-back model to ensure Business Units have insight into their charge-back
- Driving organizational change management for new strategies regionally and globally - across diverse cultures, languages and time zones
- Building relationships with other resources in finance and the businesses to leverage cooperation.
- Leading and influencing people senior to the role
- Having a global view and mindset when working with Resource Units and business leaders
- Maintaining strong financial controls and processes for Resource Unit
- Bachelor's degree in Business required; MBA preferred
- Strong background in finance and accounting
- Problem solving and collaboration (consensus driving) skills - want someone who won't take things at face value, will constantly challenge the norm, and at the same time be a good negotiator/consensus driver
- Well-rounded business person with critical thining skills; self_directed problem solver
- Financial Analysis
- Data Analysis
- Detail oriented / Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as presentation development skills
- Executive presentation skills
- Be comfortable analyzing complex problems, working on ambiguous projects, making decisions and presenting results of analysis
- Strong interpersonal skills and team orientation
- Desire to build a strong understanding of the business
- Passion for leading positive change throughout the organization
- Proactive in identifying problems and recommending solutions
- Takes initiative to make process improvements and standardize processes
This role will be dedicated to a specific Resource Unit and will therefore interact heavily with Resource Unit leadership, budget owners, and Corporate Finance.
#LI-CB1 Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management, or Business Administration from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 7 years' experience with budget reporting, financial reporting, or financial analysis.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Experience collaborating and partnering with diverse/global stakeholders.
- Experience working with internal customers/business units.
- Expertise in Hyperion including planning and reporting application.
- Expertise in Oracle ledger.
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.