GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Finance Manager, Predix Engineering
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
Predix is the software platform that powers the Industrial Internet. Based on GE's unparalleled expertise in brilliant machines, Predix handles big data at an industrial scale and with industrial-strength security. Deployed on machines, onsite, or in the cloud, Predix drives the insights that transform and improve asset performance management (APM), operations, and business.
Predix Finance seeks a Finance Manager to support the Predix Engineering team. This position will provide end-to-end financial support for the Predix Engineering organization, enabling them to develop GE's Industrial Internet platform using Agile methodologies and meeting commitments on speed, cost and quality. This includes supporting the Engineering GM with strategic investment support and building reporting capabilities to measure operational and financial performance.
* Partner with the Predix Engineering team to model the financial tradeoffs of resource allocation and manage our overall spend
* Understand and speak to variances in cost as it relates to the various engineering teams across the organization, including specialized Data Scientists
* Partner with the engineering teams as the key finance partner for development of proposals related to technology investments and new product introductions, in order to gain a better understanding of tradeoffs and ROI
* Maintain and drive automation of financial models based on evolving systems landscape
* Provide support for pricing and product cost management efforts
* Dive deep into existing cost structure to identify key trends, formulate explanations and come up with action items to drive the business
* BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
* 2+ years of relevant finance experience
* Experience in the Cloud Computing/XaaS industry
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
* MBA preferred
* Advanced modeling skills, including advanced Excel skills
* 5 years of relevant work experience in consulting; software, Internet and/or media industries;
and/or early stage companies
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.