Johnson & Johnson Global Financial Services is recruiting for a Finance Master Data Director role that will report to the Vice President, Finance Business Architect Leader. This position can be based at any J&J site or remote in North America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East, Africa, or Asia Pacific.
With $71.9 billion in 2016 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
The Global Finance Data leader is responsible for the facilitation of the governance of the integrated Finance Data model deployed/ manifested as part of the both the Back to Basics (BTB) and Financial Planning & Analysis (FPA) programs. The Finance Data leader is accountable for the development and implementation of strategies for data conversation/migration across all programs inclusive of clear project plans, roles and responsibilities. Additionally, the Global Data Leader must collaborate with the Global Process Owners, the BTB Leader and others in Global IT, Business Unit Finance Center of Excellence and Operations IT and Enterprise Master Data to define and implement the necessary strategies related to data quality KPI, measurement criteria, issue tracking and disposition. This role will work closely with IT to define/align the deployment of end state IT technologies Enterprise Agile Data Services (EADS) to facilitate and enhance finance data quality across the enterprise.
The scope of responsibilities includes:
- Clearly identify the end state integrated Finance data model in financial data warehouse(FDW)/FPA with associated priority and timeline to achieve
- Partner with the Global Process owners on the on-going definition/refinement of the Transactional end state data model to ensure integration to/with EADS/Tera Data including what data should reside in what layer of the architecture
- Assure proper integration/alignment on the comprehensive Finance Data model as it relates to tax and SC data expansion initiatives
- Participate in and help with architectural strategy related to data movements, timing, sequencing within the integrated architecture
- Devise strategies/implement best practice to drive the most appropriate methods to migrate/convert data into our end state ERP and Tera Data platforms including the identification of potential technologies and usage of third party partners where applicable
- Collaborate with Legacy platforms owners (business and IT) to effectively operationalize the migration of data to FDW driving down error rates and assigning appropriate roles and responsibilities
- Extend Financial data governance, as appropriate, to critical legacy ERP applications to opportunistically align to end state
- Participate in FDW/FPA data migration projects (ONE MD etc) to ensure correct approach, sequencing and storage of financial data
- Devise strategy, lead and drive virtual BTB team related to historical data conversions
- Establish a culture of continuous improvement as it relates to data management/data migration at all levels of the organization
- Work in partnership with Global IT, Enterprise Master Data on the definition of data enabling tools and technologies
- Anticipate needs, assess and manage business risk taking; escalate issues that may impact their process globally; manage through times of crisis and ambiguity
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required with a degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business administration preferred.
- CPA, CMA, MBA, or other financial certifications are preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of Finance/Accounting work experience required.
- Previous people management experience is required.
- Broad-based understanding of business operations and practices is required.
- Deep domain expertise in Finance processes and data is required.
- International exposure in senior position in a Finance environment is preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to confidently present complex information is preferred.
- Expertise in relevant capability enabling technologies is preferred.
- Track record of successes in delivering outcomes/results in process improvement and large scale implementations is preferred.
- Previous success partnering with IT on large data transformation initiatives preferred
- This position may require up to 25% domestic and/or international travel.
- This position can be based at any J&J site or remote in North America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East, Africa, or Asia Pacific.
United States-New Jersey-New BrunswickOther Locations
North America, Europe/Middle East/Africa, Latin America, Asia PacificOrganization
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)Job Function