Lowe's 2018 Summer Internship Program offers challenging assignments to undergraduate and graduate students, enhancing their understanding of the retail business world through valuable, hands-on experience with a FORTUNE® 50 company. The summer internship program begins with orientation in late May and concludes in early August. All internships are paid and housing is available for those that qualify. This role has potential for conversion into a full-time position for those that successfully complete the internship and upon candidate's graduation.
The internship will consist of a project-based assignment to broaden learning, experience, and organizational knowledge and business acumen. We are looking for people driven by potential. Dynamic individuals who are as inspiring as they are inspired. Sharp minds eager to take on new challenges and recognize new opportunities. Great collaborators who understand the power of "we". People who push boundaries of what's possible.
Lowe's Finance plays a critical role in aligning the company towards its key business and financial objectives. Finance manages and executes the long range plan, leads the annual budgeting and forecasting processes, and analyzes strategies and operational initiatives against stated objectives. The internship will be in any of the following areas: Reporting and Executive Insights, Performance Reporting and Analysis, Supply Chain or Corporate Planning.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
▪ Conduct comprehensive financial analyses utilizing varied financial modeling techniques
▪ Streamline or implement new processes, systems and analysis tools within FP&A and across the broader organization
▪ Act as the lead finance partner for an operating area (operating areas within Lowe's include Store Operations, Supply Chain, Merchandising, New Store Development, Marketing, Business Development and Strategy, Information Technology, and the broader Finance organization). Responsibilities include:
o Guide senior management through the corporate planning and forecasting processes
o Provide visibility to broader business and financial issues that impact other operating areas
o Deliver timely operational variance analyses which identify opportunities and areas for improvement
• Currently pursuing a MBA Degree in Business, Finance Accounting or related field
• 3 years or relevant business experience
• Ability to effectively present fact-based recommendations, have experience in interacting with multiple levels of management both verbally and in writing, be proficient in the use of computer-based financial analysis and planning tools, and demonstrate excellent organizational skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Word, and database management and planning tools and concepts
• Strong interpersonal skills
• 3.0 or above GPA
• Experience in TM1, SQL, SAS, MicroStrategy or other OLAP and relational databases
• Relevant internship experience and/or other related work experience, such as a leadership role in student/campus organizations, volunteer, etc.
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 17 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2016 sales of $65.0 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service 2,365 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 290,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe's is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
A little about us:
Lowe’s isn’t just a home improvement company; we’re committed to creating a culture that’s inspiring.