Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Finance Division reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 2,500 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm's books and records, and by contributing to Firm wide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanley's various industry and government regulators, and also serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley's various businesses and its senior management team.
The Wealth Management (WM) Finance Risk (Fin Risk) team is responsible for Risk Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) initiatives, Information Security, Business Continuity Planning, Operational Risk Incidents (ORIs), and overall risk and control advisement for the finance teams that support the Firm's Wealth Management businesses.
The WM Fin Risk team is responsible for safeguarding the Firm's assets and ensuring compliance with all internal controls and policies and procedures, as mandated by various regulators and the Firm's Operational Risk Department. WM Fin Risk supports and works closely with senior management, the Global Finance Risk team, other divisional Risk Leads, WM Finance controllers and CFO teams, and various operational areas as well as acts as a liaison between internal and external auditors for business monitoring and annual audits.
- Several key control activities and will assist the WM Finance Risk Management team prepare reporting and documents required for various special projects.
- Perform quality assurance testing of controls across the WM Finance teams
- Assist in maintaining and enhancing the Daily Front End Control (FEC) process/database, which includes proactive monitoring of the FEC Database
to ensure the accuracy and completeness of gross commission feeds prior to their processing in the MS Commission System
- Daily reporting over manual commission-related entries posted by FA Compensation team and the various Product Area Operations departments.
- Daily reviews of Entitlement Transfer reviews, Entitlement Approvals, and Segregation Duties (SoD) reviews
- Facilitate the oversight and required testing of the WM Finance Business Continuity Plan (BCP)
- Compile and communicate the weekly Issues and Action Plans reporting to impacted WM Finance stakeholders to ensure appropriate escalation and timely completion of all identified concerns
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance
- 4-6 years of experience in Finance
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Experience with project management and problem solving as well as running complex finance processes
- Process redesign and process improvement experience
- Strong knowledge of Excel is a plus (e.g., pivot tables, vlookups, etc.) as well as PowerPoint
- Knowledge of regulatory environment and key compliance rules in financial services
- Attention to detail and pro-active communications with various counterparts, including but not limited to Operations, Risk, Human Resources and other Finance teams across domestic and international locations
- Experience in internal audit, risk/controls analysis, compensation accounting.
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.