The Senior Finance Innovation and Strategy Manager - Naked/Izze Brand Finance will be a key member of the Innovation team within the BU and will be reporting to the BU CFO. This individual will be the lead finance representative on a number of innovation projects, responsible for working with cross-functional innovation teams to develop full innovation financials and conduct analyses to support the innovation projects from ideation through commercialization. The Senior Finance Innovation and Strategy Manager will provide financial guidance to the project teams and ensure projects remain within financial guardrailsand will also lead the financial long term strategic plan process for the BU.
- Lead the financial assessment on new innovation, including forecasting the opportunity size, developing innovation P&Ls, and understanding the net impact to PepsiCo from any decision through the launch of the innovation
- Work closely with cross-functional team in developing business cases for proposed innovation
- Work with NEB LT to assess and refine long-term innovation under development for the U.S. market.
- Effectively analyze and articulate business case results and drivers - key forecast assumptions, drivers of spending, variances from expected outcomes, etc.
- Build strong working relationships with business partners across Marketing, Supply Chain, Research & Development, Sales and the broader NAN Finance organization, and be able to influence business partners to ensure financial objectives are achieved for our innovation
- Successful candidate will possess/exude executive maturity; e.g. know when/how to communicate risks vertically throughout the organization, know when high level analysis is appropriate vs. in-depth analysis, be able to influence peer set and more senior leaders horizontally across the matrixed organization
- Contribute to the BU Finance team environment and to NEB overall culture and commitment to the community
- Build and manage the 5 year PSP plan algorithm
- Manage Associate Analyst, to include understanding and reviewing work involving Innovation
- Bachelor's Degree Required (Finance or Business Administration preferred)
- MBA preferred, CPA is a plus.
Skills & Capabilities:
- 10-12 years of progressive responsibility, ideally with supervisory experience, in some of the following areas: Financial Planning and Analysis, evaluating business performance, Financial Accounting and Control. Functional finance experience is a plus (e.g. Marketing, Sales, R&D, Operations, Procurement etc.)
- Experience with forecasting and budgeting
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to translate analytical findings into actionable solutions and processes
- Ability to function effectively in a team environment and gain the cooperation of individuals across the organization
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with all levels of management
- Strong influencing skills
- Results-oriented with ability to initiate and lead projects to completion
- Innovative thinker with a focus on continuous process improvement
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint with the ability to quickly learn various in-house software applications
- Must be willing and able to travel
Eligible for Limited Relocation
A little about us:
Our nation’s veterans bring unbeatable life experience, job skills and leadership to PepsiCo. Together We Win.