Amgen discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen was one of the first companies to realize the new science's promise by bringing safe, effective medicines from lab, to manufacturing plant, to patient. Amgen therapeutics have changed the practice of medicine, helping millions of people around the world in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis, and other serious illnesses. With a deep and broad pipeline of potential new medicines, Amgen remains committed to advancing science to dramatically improve people's lives.Job Summary
Amgen is searching for a Finance Sr. Manager who will play a key role in supporting the Global Commercial Operations (GCO) organization. The role will report to the Executive Director of Finance in charge of the global GCO Finance consolidation group. The role will be based in Thousand Oaks, CA.The Sr. Manager Finance will be responsible for:
- Leading the worldwide consolidation of GCO sales during financial planning processes such as annual budget, quarterly forecasts and the long range plan
- Supporting the quarter end close processes for and play a key role in preparation of materials and disclosure pertaining to Amgen's product sales performance for quarterly external investor earnings calls. This includes drafting portions of Amgen's earnings releases and quarterly SEC filings.
- Preparing various management reports on financial performance and be able to explain / communicate key variance drivers and insights
- Provide key financial support and analysis on an ad-hoc basis to help drive and improve business performance as needed
- Preparing "executive-friendly" financial analysis materials for senior company leadership and the Board of Directors
- Partnering with other members of GCO Finance within and outside of Thousand Oaks, CA on consolidation of GCO activities as well as coordinating other ad-hoc projects
- Key point of contact representing GCO Finance and GCO on cross functional initiatives
Doctorate degree and 2 years of Finance experience
Master's degree and 4 years of Finance experience
Bachelor's degree and 6 years of Finance experience
Associate's degree and 10 years of Finance experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of finance experience
Join Us If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
- MBA and/or CPA
- 6 + years of progressive finance / accounting experience including corporate level public company experience
- Pharmaceutical/Biotech experience
- Detail oriented; strong business analytical skills
- Strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to influence personnel across functions and levels
- Ability to thrive in ambiguous situations and team environment
- Ability to think strategically
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
A little about us:
Amgen values the leadership, skills and passion for serving that veterans exemplify and our constant commitment to hiring the best starts here.