Finance/ Accounting Internship 2017 (Job Number: 022938)
Deerfield Corporate - 200 WILMOT RD
200 WILMOT RD
This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We're taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe's Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services such immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home.
This internship position will be a part of the Finance & Accounting team. He/she will support Finance & Accounting directors within the group in developing budgets, forecasts and providing meaningful analysis of actual results. This position will give visibility to the intern not only to the staff within the Finance & Accounting division, but also to the operational staff across the business units. This position will be an opportunity for the candidate to demonstrate and develop analytical skills while learning about the diverse business units within Walgreens. Walgreens has Finance & Accounting Internship openings at our corporate office in Deerfield, IL for the following areas:
Job responsibilities will vary by hosting division and could include:
- Business Unit Finance
- Investor Relations
- Internal Audit
- Corporate Accounting
- Providing support to the finance directors in the fiscal year budgeting process for the specified divisions.
- Analyzing results and developing explanations for key variances.
- Automating some of the reports within the Division.
Project work will differ in each area depending on business needs, and all interns will participate in the Corporate Internship Programming
Qualifications Basic Qualifications
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelors Degree program with 2 to 3 semesters remaining and have a GPA of 3.2.
- Finance/Accounting concentration preferred.
- Must have intermediate skill level in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint (eg. create a word document, create basic worksheets and formulas, create presentations, create a database and queries)
- Experience using financial modeling skills such as determining ROIC, business analytics, and problem solving.
- Knowledge of working in a matrix environment
- Retail experience preferred
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.